Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pheonix KageDesu
Hey, I just wanted to inform you that my initial issue was caused by buggy PIXI which RPGM MV uses in the most recent version.
https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/4089

I've updated my game's PIXI with a newer 4.8.9 version and videos no longer stutter at 1-3fps using plugins like this.
Maybe you can look over the file I attached and add the required code lines to fix the issue so that other people can avoid potential problems like this?
It's basically fixing RPGM MV Pixi to avoid the issue.

Attachments

• pixi.js
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
Thank so much for the plugin! I found i bug. i put this command:

ShowVAnim(1, "orlandeaulimit", $gameVariables.value(924), $gameVariables.value(929), false)
But the loop stays on, even if is "false". And more weird is when i put another gif dont loop. Maybe the size of gif?

decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
I have notice now that the first frame of gif show in black background.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Update v1.2. available. Added MZ support!

1.2 (11.01.2021)

• Added “ShowVAnimOnMapAboveEvents” script call
  • Added “SetVAnimBattleBack” script call
  • Added RPG Maker MZ support (PIXI v5 support)
  • Added RPG Maker MZ plugin commands
Available Demo projects with all features examples for MV and MZ

Download links in thread first post updated

decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
Is there anyway to preload these videos webm?
Because sometimes the first frame shows with black background.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe call play webm outside screen a little before, then when it's needs to show, just move instantly to proper position

Ender570

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This might be a stupid question, but would you be able to play a loop image that covers the whole (or most of the screen) while showing text and dialogue choices?

I'm hoping to make a few dialogue cut scenes and this seems perfect

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be a stupid question, but would you be able to play a loop image that covers the whole (or most of the screen) while showing text and dialogue choices?

I'm hoping to make a few dialogue cut scenes and this seems perfect
Yes, if MZ then call plugin command ShowVAnim -> for parameter 'order' select 'Screen, below windows'
If MV, then script call: ShowVAnimOnSpriteset(...)
All information you can find in plugin help section

Jindo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pheonix KageDesu
Hey, I just wanted to inform you that my initial issue was caused by buggy PIXI which RPGM MV uses in the most recent version.
https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/4089

I've updated my game's PIXI with a newer 4.8.9 version and videos no longer stutter at 1-3fps using plugins like this.
Maybe you can look over the file I attached and add the required code lines to fix the issue so that other people can avoid potential problems like this?
It's basically fixing RPGM MV Pixi to avoid the issue.
Thanks! It fixed the issue with .webm

studwb22

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this is already explained but this could be used to add animated backgrounds to the battle to make them look like Earthbound? If so can someone give me a brief rundown on how to get that going?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use a plugin that allows accessing the options/save/load during the event.
Unfortunately, the video disappears when the menu is opened, but lucky enough it will reappear once the menu is closed.
Any way to keep the video on the screen while the menu is opened (without dissapearing)?

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any way to keep the video on the screen while the menu is opened (without dissapearing)?
Video attached to Map Scene, menu is another scene, so, when we open the menu, map scene is destroyed (and all attached graphics). I see one way, store video playback time and after return from menu scene, restart and resume video on certain (stored) time (not from start). But I'm not sure if the video element has such methods to remember the playback time and then set it again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.
Every game that has an option to choose to turn on the subtitle at the first time setup deserves an award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yiggityyoo