Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PKD VPlayer (GIF's in MV)
by Pheonix KageDesu​

Introduction

The plugin allows you play GIF and WEBM animation

Features
  • play animation on any Scene (Map, Menu, Battle and etc...)
  • play animation on Screen (above or below windows)
  • play animation on Game Map (tied to the map coordinates)
  • control animation: moving, zooming, change opacity
  • play animation in loop or not, set Common Event (or Script call) when animation ends
  • interact with animation, set Common Event (or Script call) when animation been clicked
  • support up to 10 animation on same time
  • animated battlers in battle

How to Use
All plugin instructions and commands are listed in the plugin help section.

License
Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution, Share Alike, Non-Commercial

Terms of Use:

Free for use in non-commercial projects.
For using in commercial project required commercial license

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ijuut95quo3zgv/PKD_VPlayer.js?dl=0

Plugin WebPage

https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com/p/vplayer.html

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PKD VPlayer (GIF's in MV)
by Pheonix KageDesu​

Introduction

The plugin allows you play GIF and WEBM animation

Features

• play animation on any Scene (Map, Menu, Battle and etc...)
  • play animation on Screen (above or below windows)
  • play animation on Game Map (tied to the map coordinates)
  • control animation: moving, zooming, change opacity
  • play animation in loop or not, set Common Event (or Script call) when animation ends
  • interact with animation, set Common Event (or Script call) when animation been clicked
  • support up to 10 animation on same time
  • animated battlers in battle

How to Use
All plugin instructions and commands are listed in the plugin help section.

License
Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution, Share Alike, Non-Commercial

Terms of Use:

Free for use in non-commercial projects.
For using in commercial project required commercial license

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ijuut95quo3zgv/PKD_VPlayer.js?dl=0

Plugin WebPage

https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com/p/vplayer.html
Most Impressive! Nice work on this :):thumbsup-right:
Runs quite smooth too :popcorn:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same problem as with ysp video player. On lower end pc 1-4 fps. That means ~30% players will have a bad experience with this just.
Specifications: 4gb ram, hd5500, i5-5200u.

There's something with RPGM mv which makes playing webm not worth the lost customers/+complains. The performance loss on some machines is crazy. My laptop is not that bad, but can't handle webm videos be it FullHd res or bellow 700x700 pixels.
I've tested the ysp player on a fresh project\empty map and it was the same, so probably this plugin will show the same results.
I've also tested the same kind of plugin, but made by some Japanese person. Same issue. So I gave up on trying to play videos on rpgm.
Undoubtedly, some will say that my project is faulty (had this discussion in the other plugin thread). But let me remind, I've tested on a clean project with 1 event which plays video on map.

No idea why this happens. Rpgm can't play videos without a dedicated GPU? Is it an intel problem? Or some kind of software or hardware fault? No idea, but having every 10 posts out of hundreds complaining "1-3 fp", " unplayable" is unacceptable. Ended up using the picture animation method provided by one plugin.
I'll test it in android someday just out of curiosity.
Finding a fix would be awesome, but right now from my experience, any atempt to play webm on rpgm is project breaker (unless it's a simple play movie default function which doesn't allow any kind of interaction during video like text box, etc). Archea mentioned once that it's some kind of problem with transparency or that my laptop is just not enough to play videos on rpgm in this method ( but that means to play webm videos is a resource hungry at the same level as playing a proper 3d games or worse (telltale walking dead runs 30-44fps for example, but webm rpgm video is 1-3fps :S))
I know i wrote a lot, ramblings, etc. But not able to play webm was quite a big problem for me. I spend days trying to fix without success. The only choice would have been alienating a big portion of the player base which is no no.
Btw, would it be possible to get a project sample with this function playing for testing purposes made by the author just to confirm that it's nothing to do with me? I want for myself to know that I did everything 100% correctly and it's indeed some kind of deeper problem/bug which causes poor performance.

Last edited:

Erviyo

Silent Reader
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice plugin, I will put this one on my "should try" list

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I found a bug with fresh project and only one plugin
the player characters are blinking until I move them first time

and would you consider to add more place of video
because right now I can't show picture over it
unless I use the ShowVAnimOnMap option
but that is under the map character sprite(that a good option too)
but I want more one to be in the show picture layer
so I can show it over scene(above map npc player etc) but under text box

thank you

decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to show gif on event?

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same problem as with ysp video player. On lower end pc 1-4 fps. That means ~30% players will have a bad experience with this just.
Specifications: 4gb ram, hd5500, i5-5200u.

There's something with RPGM mv which makes playing webm not worth the lost customers/+complains. The performance loss on some machines is crazy. My laptop is not that bad, but can't handle webm videos be it FullHd res or bellow 700x700 pixels.
I've tested the ysp player on a fresh project\empty map and it was the same, so probably this plugin will show the same results.
I've also tested the same kind of plugin, but made by some Japanese person. Same issue. So I gave up on trying to play videos on rpgm.
Undoubtedly, some will say that my project is faulty (had this discussion in the other plugin thread). But let me remind, I've tested on a clean project with 1 event which plays video on map.

No idea why this happens. Rpgm can't play videos without a dedicated GPU? Is it an intel problem? Or some kind of software or hardware fault? No idea, but having every 10 posts out of hundreds complaining "1-3 fp", " unplayable" is unacceptable. Ended up using the picture animation method provided by one plugin.
I'll test it in android someday just out of curiosity.
Finding a fix would be awesome, but right now from my experience, any atempt to play webm on rpgm is project breaker (unless it's a simple play movie default function which doesn't allow any kind of interaction during video like text box, etc). Archea mentioned once that it's some kind of problem with transparency or that my laptop is just not enough to play videos on rpgm in this method ( but that means to play webm videos is a resource hungry at the same level as playing a proper 3d games or worse (telltale walking dead runs 30-44fps for example, but webm rpgm video is 1-3fps :S))
I know i wrote a lot, ramblings, etc. But not able to play webm was quite a big problem for me. I spend days trying to fix without success. The only choice would have been alienating a big portion of the player base which is no no.
Btw, would it be possible to get a project sample with this function playing for testing purposes made by the author just to confirm that it's nothing to do with me? I want for myself to know that I did everything 100% correctly and it's indeed some kind of deeper problem/bug which causes poor performance.
how long is your video you say?
I'm not sure because my project is adult game... and it's all 1-4 sec loop
and my computer is powerful
but never heard of fps problem from player...or maybe my project not popular...
oh... but I hear this from other user before
you need to play it in clean scene no other event involve(mean stepping etc)
and I already play it in visual novel scene so no problem going on there for sure

so if that the case
you may warp player out to other map and warp back when interaction end

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how long is your video you say?
I'm not sure because my project is adult game... and it's all 1-4 sec loop
and my computer is powerful
but never heard of fps problem from player...or maybe my project not popular...
oh... but I hear this from other user before
you need to play it in clean scene no other event involve(mean stepping etc)
and I already play it in visual novel scene so no problem going on there for sure

so if that the case
you may warp player out to other map and warp back when interaction end
4-12sec loop.
I use buttons to speed up and to change angles etc. There are 3 parallel events that check mouse coordination and adjust hover effect to button+checks the progress of animation with +1 variable using galvs variable bar.
But I no longer playing WebM on my game because it's too problematic and ~30% players can't even play those scenes without having 1-4fps problem during the animation.
Also tested on a fresh project with only one event which plays a movie and erases itself. The same issue reoccur with multiple this type of plugins. Normal "play movie" works fine. Asking players to play on modern gaming pc is a bit too much for such games. It's unfortunate, would love to be able to play normal WebM movies on rpgm but something interfering with these kinds of plugins.
Currently, I use another plugin that plays 6-12 pictures frame by frame. Works fine.

Here's proof I'm not making up stuff. A fresh project, 1 plugin, 1 map, 1event with a single script line and a message box. And I'm not sure if it's only low end pc problem. I think one user with 1080TI and modern CPU had this issue so no idea what's going on. At first I thought GPU is a must, but removing from my main desktop PC gpu, videos still played fine. So no idea what's the pattern which makes videos unplayable on other machines.

Last edited:

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4-12sec loop.
I use buttons to speed up and to change angles etc. There are 3 parallel events that check mouse coordination and adjust hover effect to button+checks the progress of animation with +1 variable using galvs variable bar.
But I no longer playing WebM on my game because it's too problematic and ~30% players can't even play those scenes without having 1-4fps problem during the animation.
Also tested on a fresh project with only one event which plays a movie and erases itself. The same issue reoccur with multiple this type of plugins. Normal "play movie" works fine. Asking players to play on modern gaming pc is a bit too much for such games. It's unfortunate, would love to be able to play normal WebM movies on rpgm but something interfering with these kinds of plugins.
Currently, I use another plugin that plays 6-12 pictures frame by frame. Works fine.

Here's proof I'm not making up stuff. A fresh project, 1 plugin, 1 map, 1event with a single script line and a message box. And I'm not sure if it's only low end pc problem. I think one user with 1080TI and modern CPU had this issue so no idea what's going on. At first I thought GPU is a must, but removing from my main desktop PC gpu, videos still played fine. So no idea what's the pattern which makes videos unplayable on other machines.
well... I use 1080ti and didn't see frame drop may be my pc too powerful
check out this video around 0:32
edit out
but if you got other way to resolve
that fine too don't need to bother use video anyway

I had do other project with ysp video 1080 resolution 10 sec loop and no frame drop either maybe it's about how you specific rendering video file

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well... I use 1080ti and didn't see frame drop may be my pc too powerful
check out this video around 0:32
You're not suppose to post such videos on this forum or youtube
but if you got other way to resolve
that fine too don't need to bother use video anyway
I don't have any problem with my i5 3750k+980TI either, but I can guarantee others will run into the same issue playing your game just like my players did. No one reported up until the point more people discovered my game and started to report that videos are laggy. Most people just delete the game instead of reporting tbh. I think it was 6-7 pages of my game topic once such reports started to pile on and testing on my own laptop confirmed that there's actually a problem on some machines. I asked on what hardware they run the game, it was mostly low-mid end laptops, though one user reported the problem with his 1080TI desktop pc. That's all I can say about this webm issue.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have any problem with my i5 3750k+980TI either, but I can guarantee others will run into the same issue playing your game just like my players did. No one reported up until the point more people discovered my game and started to report that videos are laggy. Most people just delete the game instead of reporting tbh. I think it was 6-7 pages of my game topic once such reports started to pile on and testing on my own laptop confirmed that there's actually a problem on some machines. I asked on what hardware they run the game, it was mostly low-mid end laptops, though one user reported the problem with his 1080TI desktop pc. That's all I can say about this webm issue.
well... to be fair it's their fault
if it's individual problem you can't blame the engine when other can run it fine
it is the same as Nier auto mata pc
that just some player got graphic bug that got no fixed path until now
they can't release a path for individual user problem
because they can't know their specific problem to begin with
some got hardware issue
some got virus trojan in there pc
not enough ram bla bla
that can just speculation

my game may not that famous but my target player are kind of bad mouth but not a single one complain about fps drop
and this and ysp plugin
they got many users too
I think it's not fair to state that it's the engine or the plugin fault
_————-edit
I’m not continue this conversation anymore

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I should state when it's confirmed and tested that playing WebM with these plugins causes 1-2fps for some machines. It's not one or two people, but a big portion of low-end pc users who should be able to run game 60 fps, but drops to 1-2fps once video plays using commands provided by these plugins. Maybe it's unfixable, who knows. Could be one of RPGM mv/java/pixi quirks causing this.

_————-edit
I’m not continue this conversation anymore
You asked me first and I did provide detailed information.
But, yeah. I'm an ass who tries to stir the pot.
Anyways, I'll try to ask my players within a month or two with lower-end pc to test fresh project with this plugin to see the result (don't have time for that now). If I can find 10-15 individuals wanting to participate with the testing, that should give a good idea of how many people are affected by it. Does it affect all or it's only a small portion, etc. I only tested it on my two pc and asked 5-10 people (half of them didn't provide hardware spec) who were affected by this issue. The number is too small to draw a fair conclusion.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth