Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

My project is on version 1.6.2 of RM MV. I am having issues with movie files (.webm) randomly freezing. It will happen a fraction of a second after they start playing (about 100-200ms?), never later. It also seems to affect some movies more than others. Sometimes they freeze and sometimes they don't. But it's easier to provoke if you play several different movies after each other. Example: Using a choice menu to choose between different different movies. You can choose to play movie 1 several times in a row and it will work fine, then chose movie 2 and it works well, but pick movie 1 again and it will freeze. And once a movie freezes it often freeze immediately again once you restart the game. Picking another movie usually breaks the freezing cycle. It's almost as if there is some memory issue.
The movies are very small in size (1-2MB) and about 3 seconds duration.

I have tried adding delays (wait command) at different points in the event, but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? I'm pretty much at wits end....

And, yes, they are NSFW movies....I could post some, but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.
Animtest.JPGChoice menu.JPG

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And, yes, they are NSFW movies....I could post some, but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.
Yes, they would be against the rules.

Are these movie files you created yourself?
You could try other movie files (not created yourself) and see if the same issue happens.

Can you confirm that your project itself is on 1.6.2 and not just your editor? Your project's js/rpg_core.js file also says the version is 1.6.2?

Tinkerer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, they would be against the rules.

Are these movie files you created yourself?
You could try other movie files (not created yourself) and see if the same issue happens.

Can you confirm that your project itself is on 1.6.2 and not just your editor? Your project's js/rpg_core.js file also says the version is 1.6.2?
Yes, it says 1.6.2 in the rpg_core.js as well. I recently converted the project from 1.5.2 to 1.6.2. I hadn't experienced these freezes in 1.5.2 with the same movie files. But in that version you had to manually set a wait period after initiating the playmovie command, otherwise would try to execute the next command in line immediately (before finishing the movie).

I make the movies myself. I render an image series and convert that to a movie file (webm and mp4) using Movavi Video Editor.

Hmm....I did some tests as you suggested. I converted an .mp4 file not of my own making with Online Convert to .webm and couldn't get that to freeze. I then converted own of my own .mp4 files to .webm with Online Convert and thus far that hasn't frozen either. Looks like there may be an issue with Movavi Video Editor's export to .webm....

I'll do some further testing and get back to you:)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something to do with the output settings?

Tinkerer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something to do with the output settings?
Most likely. There aren't a lot of settings to fool around with in Movavi Movie Editor, though. But for some reason it tends to set the framerate at 29.97 instead of 30. Don't know if that causes it. Anyway I have now converted all files with Online Convert and everything appears to work as it should now. You can set this thread as resolved.

LucasRiot

HUMANELFO
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Most likely. There aren't a lot of settings to fool around with in Movavi Movie Editor, though. But for some reason it tends to set the framerate at 29.97 instead of 30. Don't know if that causes it. Anyway I have now converted all files with Online Convert and everything appears to work as it should now. You can set this thread as resolved.
Hello! I'm having the same problems. Which Online Convert website did you use to work properly? :(And which settings did you use?

AllosaurusNE

Mixed Attacker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm having the same problems. Which Online Convert website did you use to work properly? :(And which settings did you use?
I would also really love to know what this converter is, as I'm also having the same issue and it's beyond frustrating.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

AllosaurusNE, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make a new thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

gundambison wrote on emelian65's profile.
updated with new code.. Hope this work
1675255888435.png
Been working on new characters and outfits, no bodysuit!
doesnt mean she's not mechanical :kaopride:
Sneak peek on what I'm working on (don't mind the tileset, it's placeholder)

1675253833587.png1675253693243.png1675253707818.png
Going to make my Anniebelle dolls into murderous cowards, when the lights go out they swarm, otherwise they flee and attack from a distance...
annieBelle.png

....just look at those beady little eyes. Terrifying! :kaoswt:

Stream for those who like to watch. :LZSwink:
So I sent my game demo to be entered into a game showcase. They asked if I had a website for my game. So I listed my game page here. I don't know if that will count or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoankannuy