Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I was attempting to load the new cutscene video I made, and I got this error:
upload_2019-10-29_10-45-17.png
All other videos work but this one- it's really baffling.

Here's the event commands surrounding the "Play Video" command- I'm not sure if any of them are causing this.

◆Fadeout Screen
◆Erase Picture:#1
◆Play Movie:GolemIntro
◆Wait:60 frames
◆Fadein Screen
◆Battle Processing:Golem

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like a bug in the rpg_core script:
https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/06/play-request-was-interrupted

The core script is treating video play like a synchronous action but it's asynchronous.

You may be able to work around this. Are you trying to play a video while another one is loading? Or maybe videos back-to-back? The error message indicates that a video is trying to load while another is playing (or vice-versa) so you might be able to workaround it with more waits between your event commands.

Still, I'm pretty sure it's a bug and worth reporting to the MV developers.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like a bug in the rpg_core script:
https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/06/play-request-was-interrupted

The core script is treating video play like a synchronous action but it's asynchronous.

You may be able to work around this. Are you trying to play a video while another one is loading? Or maybe videos back-to-back? The error message indicates that a video is trying to load while another is playing (or vice-versa) so you might be able to workaround it with more waits between your event commands.

Still, I'm pretty sure it's a bug and worth reporting to the MV developers.
Ah, so it's a software bug. ...I thought it was my fault, thank you.

No, the only commands I have are the ones I posted. I'm only playing one video. Could it be the battle start command? The reason I say is that another video that I have works fine. That's the only difference I see.

Thank you again- I'll try and reach the developers.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the exact same event, can you swap a different video for "GolemIntro" to see if you get the same error?

It could be the battle start also.
Just for testing purposes, try making the "wait" command between the video and the battle start really long. Well, at least as long as the video is (remember 60 frames is 1 second)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the exact same event, can you swap a different video for "GolemIntro" to see if you get the same error?

It could be the battle start also.
Just for testing purposes, try making the "wait" command between the video and the battle start really long. Well, at least as long as the video is (remember 60 frames is 1 second)
I did both of the things you suggested, and I came up with interesting results-

When I replaced "GolemIntro" (an 11-second cutscene) with "Credits" (my credits, obviously- 2 minutes in length) the same error occured, but the game did not freeze. Could the length of the video have something to do with it?

Using a "wait" command there didn't change anything.

I can't make sense of this- why would a shorter video cause the error? Is MV not built to handle short videos? Is that what the bug in the software affects? It appears so, but I'm obviously no expert.

Thank you so much for your help, @Aloe Guvner.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't make sense of this- why would a shorter video cause the error?
I think you didn't completely understand why the advice was to add wait. And also why we ask for screenshots of events, because your text copy skipped half the important details of the event.

The error could be cause by the event trying to start the video a second time while the first play command is still working.
And that easily happens if you have the event on a looping trigger (you didn't give any indication on how the event is triggered, which would be visible in a full screenshot of the event - you need to remember that the content is only half of the event window for good reasons.
adding enough wait to make the wait longer than the playtime of the video (which it currently isn't as you said yourself the video is 11 seconds long but you only wait for one second before trying to disrupt the video with the next commands.

That is only guessing at possibilities - but without knowing the missing properties of the event we can't discard those guesses.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you didn't completely understand why the advice was to add wait. And also why we ask for screenshots of events, because your text copy skipped half the important details of the event.

The error could be cause by the event trying to start the video a second time while the first play command is still working.
And that easily happens if you have the event on a looping trigger (you didn't give any indication on how the event is triggered, which would be visible in a full screenshot of the event - you need to remember that the content is only half of the event window for good reasons.
adding enough wait to make the wait longer than the playtime of the video (which it currently isn't as you said yourself the video is 11 seconds long but you only wait for one second before trying to disrupt the video with the next commands.

That is only guessing at possibilities - but without knowing the missing properties of the event we can't discard those guesses.
Thank you for your answer.

What I posted is the entire event- the rest is on a different map, and testing the commands I posted by themselves gives the error.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I posted is the entire event
no, you didn't. The event is more than just the commands you posted.

You only posted the content section of the entire event, but did not post the other properties of the event.
What is the trigger of the event?
What are the conditions of the event?
Is the event a map event, a common event or a troop event?
If it is a map event, what are the page numbers of the event?

Your posting is incomplete because we can't answer these questions - the left half of the event window is as important (and often more important) than the content.
So please post a screenshot of the entire event window, so that we can see the event properties.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, you didn't. The event is more than just the commands you posted.

You only posted the content section of the entire event, but did not post the other properties of the event.
What is the trigger of the event?
What are the conditions of the event?
Is the event a map event, a common event or a troop event?
If it is a map event, what are the page numbers of the event?

Your posting is incomplete because we can't answer these questions - the left half of the event window is as important (and often more important) than the content.
So please post a screenshot of the entire event window, so that we can see the event properties.
Ah, I see. I'm very sorry- I didn't understand. It's completely my fault.

Here it is:
upload_2019-10-30_8-28-2.png

I'm sorry for not understanding, and thank you for your time and your help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, autorun is a looping trigger and you didn't do anything to stop it or leave it.
Which means that as soon as the player is on this map, he'll be in an eternal loop of play intro, battle golem, play intro, battle golem and so on.

Second, a clarification:
When you tested adding a wait
Using a "wait" command there didn't change anything.
how many waitframes did you add and after which command?

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, autorun is a looping trigger and you didn't do anything to stop it or leave it.
Which means that as soon as the player is on this map, he'll be in an eternal loop of play intro, battle golem, play intro, battle golem and so on.

Second, a clarification:
When you tested adding a wait

how many waitframes did you add and after which command?
You're right- I plan to transfer the player to another map, but the map isn't ready yet, so I put nothing- I've added an Erase Event command for now.

I thought I'd added 3960 waitframes, but looking again, it appears I made an error- MV changed it to 360 frames since it can only input three digits. I tested it again with the correct amount of waitframes (11 instances of 360 frames), and more of the video was played, but not all of it and it froze as it did before, just at a later point.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Be careful with Autorun + Erase Event, it will run *every time* the player enters the map. If you intend the battle to only happen once, prefer a Self Switch and an empty page activated by that Self Switch.

I don't see any more clues in the code. The best guess I have is just based on the error message, either a video play or a video load is interrupting another video play or load.

Do you have a video that plays in battles which would be interrupting the golem video when the battle starts? It could also be the scene change itself which interrupts the video, causing the crash, if the wait command isn't long enough.

The MV core code should have handled for this, or better yet, used the PIXI video loader.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Be careful with Autorun + Erase Event, it will run *every time* the player enters the map. If you intend the battle to only happen once, prefer a Self Switch and an empty page activated by that Self Switch.

I don't see any more clues in the code. The best guess I have is just based on the error message, either a video play or a video load is interrupting another video play or load.

Do you have a video that plays in battles which would be interrupting the golem video when the battle starts? It could also be the scene change itself which interrupts the video, causing the crash, if the wait command isn't long enough.

The MV core code should have handled for this, or better yet, used the PIXI video loader.
The battle contains no videos- I can only guess that it's the scene change, since nothing like this happens when I try to play a cutscene that isn't followed by a battle.

Since it's the core code that's incorrect, I guess I can't do anything about it. I'll have to work around it somehow.

Thank you so much for your help.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just solved this taking into consideration what @Aloe Guvner and @Andar said- I tested the event commands systematically, which should have occurred to me before, but for some reason it didn't. First I tested the video alone (it worked fine), then I tested the video with the battle start command (it worked fine), then I tested it with another event that was on the map before this event- that was it. That was what was causing the error. For some reason, having a "show text" command in that event caused the error. I'm sorry I didn't mention the other event- it didn't occur to me that it could be causing the error.

Putting a 2-second wait after the text solved the problem.

Thank you to both of you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com