Play test a event with out loading the game.

mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
sadly, sumrandomdude has not updated the plugin to the most recent 1.06 update, rendering it useless. You will get an error.
i use it in 1.06 and works perfectly

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I found out a while back you can actually get into the game proper with this, just use on an event that moves the player to a specific map. I did it to see if I could use it to test an event that goes out of a building and moves into a scene, and it does work, the game seems to start up just fine.

One way to test events without having to go through the entire game (especially for events intended for later parts of the game) is to create a dummy map with a below characters trigger that sets all the variables and switches to what they would be in actual game conditions. Next, place the events you intend to test. Finally put the player start on the dummy map. Player takes a step forward. triggering the setup event, the events to be tested should now be primed and ready as if the player would have played through the game to that point.
That's a great idea and works with the above. Just set up an event that sets things to actual game conditions, then either test the event there or get teleported to where the event actually is.

shivaa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
indeed, it's really interesting as a feature but unfortunately it does not work anymore for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rpggirl2134

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm new to RPG Maker MV, but whenever I try to test an event, it shows the main character against a black screen with the event running. The whole map is black. Can't see any event movements, etc. Is this normal?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm new to RPG Maker MV, but whenever I try to test an event, it shows the main character against a black screen with the event running. The whole map is black. Can't see any event movements, etc. Is this normal?
Yep, so it's not always a useful tool (for instance with movement). However, check my above post for a pseudo solution.

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just got RMP Maker MV, and want to know if there is a way to test certain parts of a game
What I usually do is make a Test Room. It is a simple rectangle of grass on which I put events. One of these events is the door to test play which activates the normal game mode: starts the intro and credit roll, initializes the party and transfers you to the actual first location. Everything else in the Test Room is dev stuff: half-baked events I tinker with, teleports to various areas of the game, test fights with enemies, level uppers, free items and AP, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I usually don't enjoy survival games, but I absolutely love Conan Exiles.
Basically Everyone: Dont make a long game the first time. Me: I guess i'll make a REALLY long game in that case >:p
I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webbmichael