Play test a event with out loading the game.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by 2DGameStudios, Apr 3, 2016.

1. mpurnell

mpurnell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    i use it in 1.06 and works perfectly

2. kirbwarrior

kirbwarrior Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I found out a while back you can actually get into the game proper with this, just use on an event that moves the player to a specific map. I did it to see if I could use it to test an event that goes out of a building and moves into a scene, and it does work, the game seems to start up just fine.

That's a great idea and works with the above. Just set up an event that sets things to actual game conditions, then either test the event there or get teleported to where the event actually is.

3. shivaa

shivaa Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    indeed, it's really interesting as a feature but unfortunately it does not work anymore for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  4. rpggirl2134

rpggirl2134 Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm new to RPG Maker MV, but whenever I try to test an event, it shows the main character against a black screen with the event running. The whole map is black. Can't see any event movements, etc. Is this normal?

5. kirbwarrior

kirbwarrior Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yep, so it's not always a useful tool (for instance with movement). However, check my above post for a pseudo solution.

6. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What I usually do is make a Test Room. It is a simple rectangle of grass on which I put events. One of these events is the door to test play which activates the normal game mode: starts the intro and credit roll, initializes the party and transfers you to the actual first location. Everything else in the Test Room is dev stuff: half-baked events I tinker with, teleports to various areas of the game, test fights with enemies, level uppers, free items and AP, etc.