Play waterfall sound with volume depending on distance to the waterfall

MusicTF

Soundtrack Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok so what I'm looking for is a script that will play the background sound for a waterfall.  The catch is that the waterfall sound should play at a volume proportional to the players distance from the waterfall.  perhaps 6% volume for each step away, maxing out at 60%.  The sound should be audible from 10 steps away.  I have events set up for animations of the waterfalls, so ideally the script could just be called in that event.  I know some about scripting, so if some other things would have to be put in the event, then that would be fine.

Thanks

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is what you need!

Have fun!

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tsukihime's custom event triggers script http://himeworks.com/2013/04/custom-event-triggers/ makes this easy to event. (I've done this exact thing using the region_enter commands and surrounding the waterfall/river/whatever with multiple regions as the player gets closer or further from the source.)

@taarna23That's a nice looking plugin, but does it have an RGSS3 equivalent somewhere?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Aw dang. I didn't see it was Ace! My bad.

Alex's suggestion is probably the better one to consider. Unless you switch to MV, then I'm safe! Haha. ;)

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Modern Algebra got a script for this. It is called "Sound Emitting Events".

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.
Generate 27 Plugins in 1 File | RPG Maker News #106

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiYe