wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am wondering if anyone has successfully used a Gamecube controller with VxAce to play games.

I know vJoy causes the player to move by itself, and I have not found any solution to this.

I have the controller and am using the WiiU Adapter (I have vJoy and everything downloaded).

Thanks!

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There's scripts to map the inputs of gamepads, but I've never used it myself yet. I think having controller support is a must in games, as is mouse support though. I will take a look into it later and post my progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I play RPG Maker games with an Xbox controller, and I have played them with another USB controller in the past, so I would assume any controller you plug in via USB should work. I am not an expert, though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know vJoy causes the player to move by itself, and I have not found any solution to this.
That usually indicates that the vJoy driver accesses a special (and very old) API that is also used by RM, but was never intended to support two parallel accesses.
However, that API has been declared outdated several Windows versions ago, and drivers for that API are only provided for compatibility - most devices using that API can also be accessed by integrated Windows drivers.

Because of that the usual solution is to remove the (old) driver that causes the problem and use the controller/tablet/whatever without installing specific drivers.

Have you tried using the gamecube controller without that vJoy? Try to get an updated driver if it isn't automatically supported

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The gamecube controller needs vJoy apparently.

After looking at other posts, it looks like controllers dont work with the Maker itself (where I wanted to use it for testing). If there is a way to use a controller for the Maker itself, that is what I would like!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colonn