Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answers .
A simple study.
You prefer games with only keyboard, mouse or pads.
What is your preference ???

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My advice on 'mouse only' - only do that if you design your maps and any mini games in such a way as not to make life unbearable for people who use a left-handed mouse.

You might like to check out this thread for a variety of views on disabling the keyboard.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My advice on 'mouse only' - only do that if you design your maps and any mini games in such a way as not to make life unbearable for people who use a left-handed mouse.

You might like to check out this thread for a variety of views on disabling the keyboard.
**** my games is mouse only. lol
But all the engine is well balanced.

In fact I want to promote laziness in bed.
When your too lazy to move, you have games mouse in the comfort of your bed lol.
I am a sporty, but lazy in games, I prefair to be in my bed has just clicker lol.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What would be wrong with providing the player with a choice? It's what I do. Then those who want to use a mouse can, and those who don't want to, needn't.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What would be wrong with providing the player with a choice? It's what I do. Then those who want to use a mouse can, and those who don't want to, needn't.

Unfortunately my concept of games does not allow it.
is only mouse .
This will not prevent the design from being super.
There are many games only mouse.
you may be understand, am a fan with mouse game lol

Cheap-Ikea-font-b-computer-b-font-desk-font-b-desktop-b-font-bed-bedside-font.jpg

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I prefer using both. I like to move with WASD while navigating through menus with the mouse. If the game has no movement, then full mouse is fine for me. Though if the game does have movement but not with WASD and uses arrow keys instead, I'd prefer full mouse. I just like to have one hand on keyboard and one on mouse at all times.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I prefer mouse-only setups in most computer games, but keyboard-only setups in RPG Maker MV where the built-in mouse functionality is pretty poor. It's okay to allow either one, but be sure that your entire game can be sufficiently controlled if missing one or the other. One of the quickest ways to lose me as a player is to force me to use both the keyboard and mouse to properly play your game. This completely breaks my immersion in your game.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put keyboard control in Minesweeper, but I couldn't bring myself to play it that way. That game only really plays with a mouse.

RPGs should always have keyboard because of the tiled 4|8 direction roots.

HeroLite

stinky weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i honestly once totally dropped an rpg maker game solely because the keyboard was disabled. i'm a keyboard man with a keyboard plan, unless the game is specifically designed with a mouse in mind, like 100% orange juice, but these are rpg maker games we're talkin' here, dude! what's the deal with switching it off? i'm so used to using a keyboard & being forced to make the switch isn't a good feel. there should be the option for both, to satisfy everyone.

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Missing choice 'All-of-above' in the poll.

If you do not include any of the 3 input methods mentioned you will make your game less accessible thus reducing your potential player base.
Weight this up against the possible extra work maybe also design changes needed for supporting mouse, keyboard and gamepad in your game.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kyuukon Please be aware that your post (immediately above this one) is a total, complete and utter nuisance when accessing this site via phone. That huge amount of empty white space to scroll through, just to find a ? at the bottom, is not user-friendly.

If you are suggesting voice control (are you? That's the only way I can make sense of your post) would you like to explain how you envision that being done - in RPGMaker?

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eh, sorry. It was kinda a joke :p (probably not a good one lol). I thought the poll was a bit limited and close minded so I made that comment to make my point xD

But it'd be something like: "Move Right", "Move Right", "Move Down"... "Attack!"

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eh, sorry. It was kinda a joke :p (probably not a good one lol). I thought the poll was a bit limited and close minded so I made that comment to make my point xD

But it'd be something like: "Move Right", "Move Right", "Move Down"... "Attack!"
@Kyuukon Please be aware that your post (immediately above this one) is a total, complete and utter nuisance when accessing this site via phone. That huge amount of empty white space to scroll through, just to find a ? at the bottom, is not user-friendly.

If you are suggesting voice control (are you? That's the only way I can make sense of your post) would you like to explain how you envision that being done - in RPGMaker?

Ideally, the idea, is to retrieve the comments of members here, but to have other views than mine.
I have my point of view, please know your point of view is important for me and other people.

Everyone's opinion and I find it interesting to read everyone's opinion and reasoning.

ItzTerry

Magician of Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are few mac gamers, but in the instances where there are, using the trackpad to click on things are just ugly.

Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Over all I prefer keyboard over mouse, especially if we're talking about world movement, but menu interaction with both mouse and keyboard is quite nice.

OwMeEye

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like keyboard with a mouse the most. Hmm, I guess it depends on the game and the battle system, and on other details.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For me it actually depends on what engine the game was made in (as far as rpg maker goes). I'm not really a fan of the majority of mouse scripts I've encountered in most rpg maker games pre-mv, so I usually go keyboard. From the few MV games I've played though with the built-in mouse, I've absolutely loved it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayroNaut