Not open for further replies.

Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can anyone help with how to do a setup where the player and sword gadgets are separate? The "Simple Action RPG" demo has it setup this way, but I am having a terrible time trying to get my setup to work the same.

The basic idea I'd like to eventually accomplish is you would start with a basic sword, then you would pick up a better sword later on. It seems with a system like the one I want I could have a variety of swords that I could add in later instead of making a bunch of sprites with the character with each sword (which would probably get really complicated down the road anyway).

And I guess related to this, how would I go about updating the player graphic once I acquire a better armor. 

I'm thinking of a simple system like the original "Legend of Zelda." 

And yes, I've seen all of Kain's tutorials which they have all been really helpful, I just can't seem to understand how to build the system I want. I'm still very new at IG Maker and it can be a bit complex.

Thanks everyone!

Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well shucks, I guess I'm on my own. Does anyone know of any other resources for learning IG Maker? I didn't see much when I Googled it. IG Maker is a great product with a steep learning curve made even steeper by the lack of support for the product. 

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kain made some great tutorials on IG Maker in the RPG Maker Web blog.

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/category/tutorials/

Search back through the previous posts and you will find all the tutorials.  I counted 20 tutorials for IG Maker.

Edit: I overlooked that you already read these tutorials.  I will see if I can find something else.

Edit # 2:  I couldn't find anything right away.  I would say the best option would be to use multiple sprites with different weapons and just change the sprite over when the weapon is upgraded.  This would be ideal in my opinion as you only have to create multiple player sprites instead of having to keep track of player and gadgets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketfoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kain made some great tutorials on IG Maker in the RPG Maker Web blog.

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/category/tutorials/

Search back through the previous posts and you will find all the tutorials.  I counted 20 tutorials for IG Maker.

Edit: I overlooked that you already read these tutorials.  I will see if I can find something else.

Edit # 2:  I couldn't find anything right away.  I would say the best option would be to use multiple sprites with different weapons and just change the sprite over when the weapon is upgraded.  This would be ideal in my opinion as you only have to create multiple player sprites instead of having to keep track of player and gadgets.
This is exactly what I ended up doing and it actually worked better than I thought it would.

I'd still like to know how they (whoever "they" is) do it in all the sample games. I've studied the various games and tried to duplicate what they do but I can't seem to get it to work right. If you create a new game and use one of the game templates I think they all have the functionality I was trying to do, but as hard as I tried to duplicate it I just couldn't figure it out.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sorcuris