Player can pass through tile (tileset A) from the bottom!

marsqurine

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good afternoon! My tileset is already set to x. I don't know how come my player can still pass from the bottom. Its driving me nuts. Thank you!

Edit: I am so sorry this should be in MV not MZ.
1656655794736.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're using a ceiling tile instead of a walltime, that is normal for them.

ceiling tiles have a special directional and automatic passability to allow simulating a two-level-dungeon in regular, one level map.
if you look carefully the tiles on A4 are paired - top and side of walls.
and you need to use them like that, with the top never directly connecting to the floor. Then you can only get to the top of the wall by an override like a ladder over the regular walltile below.

EDIT: and you are in the wrong forum, the screenshot is from MV but this forum is VX. Report it to a mod to have it moved.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your second proves the post above, you're using the tiles in the wrong way.

THIS IS NOT A BUG!!!!

Please check and compare the mapping tutorials on how maps should be done, and replace your use of ceiling tiles with real wall tiles done the correct way.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williswhere