Player Can't Go Through Passable Tiles

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by rambamboo, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rambamboo

rambamboo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I've been having an issue where my player can't walk through passable floor tiles (she can't move around, but she can face different directions).

I've checked that they're marked as passable and in the A2 (Ground) slot. I've tried starting the player in different maps with the same tileset, and she can't move around in any of them. Also, there are no autorunning events on the maps, and no props or items on the tiles.

I used Inside_A2 as a base to make the tileset so I'm not sure why it's suddenly working differently now (I also made another tileset using Inside_A2 as a base and the two tilesets I made are essentially the same except for the color, and the player can walk through my other tileset's floors fine). I changed a map that she could move around on to use the non-working tileset and she couldn't move around on it.

Does someone know why this is happening?

Thank you!! :)  

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  2. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    top left of set B must be a star

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    upper tiles have priority for the passabilities - if that position has an invisible but blocked upper tile, it will be impassable.

Which version of MV are you using? In the early versions it was possible to set the first B tile (the default upper tile) to impassable, only later editors forced the (correct) star setting there. Either you're still on an earlier version an have that tileset setting wrong, or you used a blocked invisible tile from somewhere on the B-E tilesheets there.

(or a plugin broke your passability settings)

4. rambamboo

rambamboo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OH! Jeez haha that was it ... wow, what a strange little thing that was making all the difference. Thank you!!

EternalShadow likes this.
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please update your editor as soon as possible, as that error is no longer possible in the newer versions of RMMV.

And as for the reason: