Player character automatically moves until reaching certain tiles.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Planning on a board game type of movement.

Player will stop walking upon reaching a certain tile (this will be defined via a region.)

I have movement set up as such:
Code:
Set Movement Route: Player (Repeat, Skip, Wait)
    1 Step Forward;
Should this movement not be region based? I have the walking paths determined via a region common event where they keep walking until region 2 where they stop. The tiles they move on are marked as region 1. However, upon reaching region 2, the player character is stuck facing the direction they travelled and they cannot move.

BalticoX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hard to know, but usually when the player cannot move is because the event is triggered every single frame and the game freezes. Check your logic so once condition is met whatever needs to happen only happens once and not on very frame.
Or share common event code so we can help you more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well it's been almost a whole year since I joined RMW, so i figured I should update my status.
This is my updated status.
Here's a sample of some pixel edits I made.

Maybe for use as sidewalks.
If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friskyomega