Player Collision into An Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am trying to create a event in which the player collides with an event that moves... causing damage to the player. I have the set up below that works with events, but I do not know how I should call up an players event to collide with.

I am not using this because it causes an error, so I am doing something wrong.

So can this be done with a player? If so am I going about it wrong?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the event's priority is Same as Characters, the player cannot move on top of the event. So checking that the player and event occupy the same tile will not give you the result you're after, because they never will.

Change the trigger to Event Touch (which will trigger if the player touches the event OR the event touches the player), get rid of all the conditional branches in your commands, and just add what you want to happen when they do touch.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sounds like an good idea. Instead of the complicated event above. I will look into doing that.

Thanks

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you CAN'T do with that method is make something happen if one event touches another event.

Since you only want to give damage to the player, I assume this is what you're after. But your comment about the setup shown working with events has a hint of you possibly wanting something to happen if two events collide.

If that's the case, let me know, and I'll write up a little script and show you how to use it if you DO want events to trigger other events.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was able to get the result I wanted with the event idea above. Thank you for your help Shaz.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FuegoAhegao