PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of any plugins or script that will automatically face my player as I move the mouse in that direction? Thanks in advance.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: just tried myself. It's glitching. Lets see if I can solve that or someone else comes with a solution

Last edited:

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: just tried myself. It's glitching. Lets see if I can solve that or someone else comes with a solution
Sure, appreciate the attempt though! I'm sure we can figure it out.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla/Bengali
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TouchInput._x/y works when we click the screen. I searched all over. Didn't find a script call for storing mouse coordinates when not clicked. :( I also need something like this

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TouchInput._x/y works when we click the screen. I searched all over. Didn't find a script call for storing mouse coordinates when not clicked. :( I also need something like this
My mouse path finding doesn't seem to work anymore, It did when I started the project, but I wasn't interested, now I I have gals map projectiles which allows me to fire projectiles in direction of the mouse, but I can't seem to travel via mouse click anymore.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Sugor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My mouse path finding doesn't seem to work anymore, It did when I started the project, but I wasn't interested, now I I have gals map projectiles which allows me to fire projectiles in direction of the mouse, but I can't seem to travel via mouse click anymore.
maybe try using qplugins then galvs projectile i think it might work just an idea

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Request[/move]
Oh sorry, I thought it being under MV was ok, I'll make sure to get it in the right place next time.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still hoping to figure out this mouse path finding issue. Can't seem to travel via mouse click anymore.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't seen a plugin with this functionality...

But hypothetically if you run a parallel event that checks the mouse cursor's screen X, screen Y and then compared that to the player's screen X, screen Y you could turn them based on the result. For example of the players screen X > mouse Screen X, players screen Y = mouse screen Y then turn the player left. Just make it run a check for all 8 directions.

As for your traveling by mouse problem, without more information I'd suggest disabling plugins one by one till you find out any conflicting ones. Also try the same for any parallel events. Then once you know the cause, return to use with a more specific problem.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still hoping to figure out this mouse path finding issue. Can't seem to travel via mouse click anymore.
You have the pathfind plugin too right?
I believe a combo of https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QPlus, https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMovement, https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QABS, https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QM+Followers, & https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QPathfind could help you achieve what you need.
...But they might cause other issues, would have to test to find out.

Last edited:

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't seen a plugin with this functionality...

But hypothetically if you run a parallel event that checks the mouse cursor's screen X, screen Y and then compared that to the player's screen X, screen Y you could turn them based on the result. For example of the players screen X > mouse Screen X, players screen Y = mouse screen Y then turn the player left. Just make it run a check for all 8 directions.

As for your traveling by mouse problem, without more information I'd suggest disabling plugins one by one till you find out any conflicting ones. Also try the same for any parallel events. Then once you know the cause, return to use with a more specific problem.
It works, but I can only seem to get left and right to work. Hard to explain why it doesnt work, but regardless I'm pretty happy with just left and right for now. Thanks

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No prob. Fingers crossed it works as needed. :)
It works great, but there is one small flaw. I noticed that the UP is too sensitive, and will turn player up as soon as we cross the threshold for X. So Player will face up constantly if our mouse position is above that X horizon line. Otherwise you made quick work of that, let me know if you touch it up and I'd love to use it!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works great, but there is one small flaw. I noticed that the UP is too sensitive, and will turn player up as soon as we cross the threshold for X. So Player will face up constantly if our mouse position is above that X horizon line. Otherwise you made quick work of that, let me know if you touch it up and I'd love to use it!
Hmmm.... yeah I knew something felt a bit odd. Thanks for testing. :)

Adjusted it a little. Please let me know how this one goes. Seems better to me but not really 100% sure it's the best yet.

v0.3:
CTB_TouchInput Plugin: Click Here To Download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ft371pta