lixerman99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have it so that when the player enters a location there is a parallel event that checks if the player is wearing a certain pair of boots and switches their pace depending on this. I was under the impression that if it was a parallel event the player wouldn't freeze when this was running but whenever I enter the cave I cannot move. I tried putting a 'wait 30 frames' at the end of the conditional branch but then the player would just stop dead in his tracks every half a second. Is there any way I can make this work and why is it doing this? 

(Sorry if this is stupid, I'm still pretty new.)

Thanks! Harry

clickme.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Pablito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having the same problem with my Event when I transfer the Player using Choice Event.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That parallel event is running constantly, which is why you cannot move. You either need to turn it off once it has run once (by a switch), or add a wait 60 seconds at the end of both conditional branches (and that wait 60 seconds might still cause pauses, but since parallel events run constantly there is no fix short of not using a parallel event).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akahi