Player is Invisible

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Acnolowgia, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acnolowgia

Acnolowgia Villager Member

First Language:
    English
          Hey all. I'm new to the forums, so first let me apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this question. My biggest problem right now is my player is invisible upon playtesting. I've checked the graphics, which I did change in the generator recently, but according to the database it's got the correct graphics set selected. When I try a battle test, the battler graphic still shows up correctly. The only other thing I can think of- and I admit I'm still learning how to use MV, and RPG maker in general- is that I did add some of the base plugins that comes with the Steam version, then deleted them after I downloaded the complete Yanfly plugin list. Now I have no plugins installed in the project, but it's still having the problem.

There is also another issue I've noticed which may or may not be related. When going through the list of BGM in the Sound Test app, some of the music tracks don't play anything at all- almost as if even though the tracks are in the list, the sound tester can't find the audio files. I'm honestly at a loss of how to fix this.

2. wolfpak692

wolfpak692 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    being new to this myself, i would say that your problem would be in the plugins that you deleted... you don't have to delete the plugins that come with MV to use the Yanfly plugins.. try putting the plugins back in and see if that fixes the issue...

3. Wookiee420

Wookiee420 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    do you have battle sprites for your characters in the database?

4. Acnolowgia

First Language:
    English
    Yes, and so far they're all working correctly. I do recall, though, that I had a tough time getting the new walking sprite to appear in the database after I made some alterations in the character generator- even after exporting the new set multiple times, and saving over the old one, it was still the old set that appeared in the database. I finally solved that by completely deleting the file from the folder using Windows Explorer, with MV closed, and then re-opening the project and exporting the sprite set again. I also just now tried exporting the set but saving it under a different name, but the player character is still invisible.

I've also tried putting the plugins back in, and that does not solve the issue. I can still move the character around fine, I just can't see what I'm doing...

5. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Go to your database, check the System tab, and see if the 'start transparent' isn't checked on.

6. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Open the Database (F9), go to System tab, make sure you haven't set your character to Start Transparent.

Also, hello there, fellow Fairy Tail fan. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
  7. Acnolowgia

First Language:
    English
    Yep, that was it... lol, feel kinda stupid now. Thanks!

And hello to you too!

8. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a useful option, because usually people want to start their game off with a cutscene, so they need to be able to hide the player for a bit. You can always turn them visible again with the event command change transparency (second tab), once your cutscene is over, or the player needs to be visible again.

9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.