Not open for further replies.

Wispur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm super confused by what layer the player is on and how the player interacts with layers, and more importantly how to change the layer the player is on. Because it seems the player keeps going to a higher and higher layer and will never come back down.

For example, just did the following...
If I draw layer 1, the player can walk on layer 1 fine.
If I draw layer 2, the player can walk on layer 2 fine.
If I delete layer 2, (leaving just layer 1) the player can no longer move.
If I draw back in layer 2, they can walk again.
If I draw in layer 3, they can walk on layer 3 just fine.
If I delete layer 3 (leaving just layer 2) they can no longer move on layers 1 or 2.
If I draw in layer 4, they can walk on layer 4.
If I delete layer 4, they can no longer walk on layers 1, 2, or 3. I have to draw back in layer 4.
They can now only walk on layer 4, and are completely incapable of even entering a layer 1, 2 or 3 tile.

Creating a new player position doesn't seem to change the layer that the player is restricted to. For example, If I have the player stuck on Layer 4, then delete layer 4, redraw layer 1, right click, set a new starting position on what is now layer 1, the player won't move, unless I redraw layer 4 under it again.

This is all using the exact same tile on a map with no other events. No plugins are installed.

What layer is supposed to be the layer the player walks on? And more importantly, how do I "reset" the player back down to a lower level? lol

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
none of the map layers directly.

all of the map layers are below the player (and below the event) unless the star override is used.

any tile that is set to star passability is displayed above the player and at the same time "star" means "ignore this tile for passability".
That is the reason why you should only use the first B tile for deleting tiles, as that tile is fixed to transparent and star passability. Any other tile used for deletion might leave its own passability there if it is transparent but has other values than star-passability

Wispur

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, that was my problem.

I was using the Blank space on Outdoor A to delete stuff, but it turned out that one was not as blank as I thought, and was actually impassable.
So switch to using the Blank on Outdoor B solved everything.

Thanks!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on some A4 Interior walls in my own style.
Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiboux