Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much. :)
It'd be really helpful. And maybe if someone prefers it the way it is, maybe you can add a parameter for the developer to decide whether it will be on or off?
If I can help in anyway (maybe testing in RMMV 1.6), let me know as well.
Thanks again, and good job!

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like this one!
Sadly, I can't use special characters. I'm making game in Polish language:
Alt + a = ą
Alt + c = ć
Alt + e = ę
...and so on.
That's one suggestion. The second one is to make language change support. For example, let's say developer made his game in English with ability to switch to French or Polish. French language has special characters as well, so the input would be different.
I don't translate my games, so I won't need this feature, but I'm sure it will come in handy of the others.

Thanks for making the plugin!

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kemezryp I uploaded a new version that lets you use special characters with the "alt" key now.

For example, you can type something like this now:
PlayerNotepadAltCharacters.png

You will need to update the configuration in your Plugin Manager. This version adds more parameters, so you should remove this plugin from the Plugin Manager and add it back, so that it "refreshes" the parameters.

Language change would be pretty difficult actually, so I don't plan to support that for now. Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc. have highly advanced methods for text input that can read your language and respond appropriately with your keyboard/hardware. I could insert <Input> HTML elements into the game to make use of these browser methods, but it wasn't the "feel" that I'm going for (I wanted to have the notebook with the "feel" of RPG Maker instead of a browser).

I would consider offering the developer the option to create multiple keyboard configurations for different languages, and use another plugin like SRD Translation Engine to manage the language change.

Regarding word wrap, I haven't implemented it yet, but I will see what I can do. No promises on when it could be finished.

Kemezryp

it's me
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to make an extension to your plugin that allowed me to do that so I forgot about this problem, hah. Still, it's nice to see an update. Already tested and works pretty nice. Hope it will help someone as well!
Thank you.

nekatu

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey- just wanted to say that I genuinely love this plugin- it's amazing!

A quick question though- I've worked out how to modify notes via plugin commands, but I'd ideally like to append rather than replace the details section. How easily would that be to add to the code?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too hard, I just pushed a new version that lets you do this now :) (download is the same link)

The new plugin command is "notepad stage append" which you can use instead of "notepad stage add".

It will append whatever you put in the details rather than replacing it. You can also append to the title if you want, but it seems more useful to append to the details. I added more information and examples in the Help section of the plugin, so be sure to check that out before trying it.

nekatu

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too hard, I just pushed a new version that lets you do this now :) (download is the same link)

The new plugin command is "notepad stage append" which you can use instead of "notepad stage add".

It will append whatever you put in the details rather than replacing it. You can also append to the title if you want, but it seems more useful to append to the details. I added more information and examples in the Help section of the plugin, so be sure to check that out before trying it.

Thanks so much, that's amazing!!

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin looks very nice! Thank you for creating it and for being so reasonable with your terms of use.

I’d just like to confirm though, this will not work on mobile? And if not, are there any plans to support mobile?

I know it’s a long shot, but I figured I’d ask.

Thank you for your time.

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, is it possible to already have notes in the notebook? For the player? And then add them automatically when they acquire more knowledge?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ddblue Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. No, unfortunately, it won't work on mobile since it's completely dependent on keyboard input.

@kaiijuu Yes, definitely! The way to do that is documented in the Help section of the plugin, and to see examples of it, you can try the demo (linked in the first post).

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ddblue Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. No, unfortunately, it won't work on mobile since it's completely dependent on keyboard input.

@kaiijuu Yes, definitely! The way to do that is documented in the Help section of the plugin, and to see examples of it, you can try the demo (linked in the first post).

I'm so sorry haha, I should have checked first! thank you so so much for the prompt response!!! <3

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for this plugin!! It will be super useful for my game.

Ah, by the way, I think there's a bug on the demo. For some reason, I can't seem to create a new note nor modify others. It fails to load something.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does it fail to load? Is there an error?

I haven't looked at that demo in a long time and probably won't have the chance to for a while, but are you having any issues with creating notes in your own project?

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does it fail to load? Is there an error?

I haven't looked at that demo in a long time and probably won't have the chance to for a while, but are you having any issues with creating notes in your own project?

Sorry for the late reply. I want to use the notepad for two things: for investigation notes (but not written by the player, rather, they appear automatically after certain events happen) and to store recipes (again, added automatically). I don't want it to be accessible on the main menu, only via the items. But I'm a bit lost about how to do this, I'm still a bit of a rookie in RPG Maker.

As for the demo, the error that appears is that, whenever I try to create a new note, this message shows up: Type Error - Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined.

TenTranVN

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnam
Primarily Uses
RMMV
work on mobile ?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
work on mobile ?
It depends what you want to do.

If you want a notepad that's read-only and your game supplies the content, then maybe it works on mobile (I haven't tried).
If you want to type into the notepad, that does not work on mobile because it reads keycodes from the keyboard.

ToriKlepto3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! I'm making a detective game for my senior final project and this plugin would be perfect for it. Do you have any plans to make one for VX ACE? That's the program I'm using for my project. It's not due until April, so I'd really appreciate it if you would consider converting the plugin to ACE. Thank you very much!

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
wanted to download this one but it downloads the ConditionalChoices plugin instead ;_;

sammc

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I tried the example file but got the same "For Each" error. I didn't touch anything, just tried the demonstration file.

Manco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks.
I tried to download the one from github, but was not working. So when I finally got connection under the wall I downloaded the demo and just copy/past it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheyzo