Player Pass below Roof/Doorway

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Mikleo, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mikleo

Mikleo Resource Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'm stuck... :(

Can someone teach me how you do the 'Pass below the doorway/wall/roof' thing when leaving the room?

I noticed that the star symbol doesn't work on A tiles...

I'm planning to do events where NPCs can, as well as the player, pass through doorways or archways.

z.PNG

My player can't leave the room... :(

By the way, can someone also tell me how you do the 'Spoiler' tag thing so that I can encase pics in it? Kinda embarrassing whenever I comment in threads with pics, lol! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have two options.

1) Neon Blacks Terrain Tags script which you can find here.

2) Open up the A tile with your roof tile in an image program like GIMP (free) and create a tile from it that is suitable for a B-E tile sheet.  You will need two versions for this.  One will be marked with a star and one with a x.

On the map, leave a gap where you want the player to pass under.  Your ceiling tile will have the 'end' appearance, which you don't want.  Put your x version of the tile there.  Over the gap, put your star version.  The player will now walk under it.

EDIT

Just noticed your other question.  On the tool bar at the top of the reply section, you will see an icon that looks like an eye (next to 'Font'.  Click there and a spoiler will open in your post.  Put everything inside it that you want to.

ANOTHER EDIT

I suggest for your wall tile under your doorway that you use shift-click mapping to eliminate those nasty lines either side.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2016
    Mikleo likes this.
  3. Mikleo

First Language:
    English

I checked out Neon's post, unfortunately it's for Ace, I'm using MV. I hope he can do an MV version.

And now, I have to figure out how to convert A to B-E tile sheet, lol!

I kinda fixed the lines thing, still kinda meh, but it will do. :)

z.PNG

4. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A crude and easy way, if you just want to make the archway passable is to cut out those tiles you want, and make them into a sprite set for an event. Just replace the archway with a set of events set to 'above player' priority with no content. The biggest downside is needing to deal with autotile stuff yourself, but it might be easier for you than making the whole tileset yourself.

Well, no, the biggest downside is that it's all events, so it's really bad if you wanted to make a whole wall out of it.

The biggest advantage is that with events, it's possible to do things like make the arch fade out when you go under it. Or, if you're really ambitious, build arches you can go over OR under.

Mikleo likes this.
  5. Mikleo

First Language:
    English

LOL! That's actually what I'm doing, but not into sprites, into another tileset, but alas, to no avail. Still stuck with 'meh' tiles... :(

I'll just take away the doorway for now, don't want to get stuck in this scene for a long time, but I'll get back to this map (and maybe to other maps with doorways) when I figure out how to convert A tiles to B tiles... :(

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Mikleo Please don't quote whole posts simply to indicate who you are answering.  It makes the page slow to load and to scroll down, especially for those accessing this on their phones.  If you want to make it clear who you are replying to, just use the @membername convention as I have done in this post.

Thanks.