AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm attempting to figure this out and can't. This is for a custom plugin I had made, so let me explain how it works... and then see if anyone knows how I can possibly do a workaround through eventing... or if this is something I need to get added into my plugin.

DASH PLUGIN

I have a plugin that, when the player dashes (holds down shift), it causes a switch to activate indicating that the player is dashing. Holding down shift (Switch ON). Let go of shift (Switch OFF). It's doing this in the backend of the plugin.

I'm using this because, in my game, when the player dashes... they're actually hovering over the ground. I have electrical tiles that... if you're not dashing... you get shocked, damaged and pushed back. IF you're dashing... you can pass over them just fine.

The issue I'm having... is IF the player starts dashing but ends ON the electric tile... it doesn't trigger the touch event...and the player is standing on top of it. Does anyone know a way I can have it recognize the player actually stopped on top of the tile? Here's a quick video of what it looks like... along with my coding within the event itself. Thanks everyone! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem here is that the engine only triggers events on entering a position.
That trigger is already handled which the button is pressed.

to trigger without moving would require a rewrite of the core functions of the engine, and that can have a lot of side effects.

I suggest you rewrite the dash plugin such that when the player stops dashing, the plugin checks and triggers any events on the tile where the player stops dashing. That should be the easier solution.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem here is that the engine only triggers events on entering a position.
That trigger is already handled which the button is pressed.

to trigger without moving would require a rewrite of the core functions of the engine, and that can have a lot of side effects.

I suggest you rewrite the dash plugin such that when the player stops dashing, the plugin checks and triggers any events on the tile where the player stops dashing. That should be the easier solution.
That's what I thought. I can see about having that added to the plugin. I just wanted to see if there was a way I could do this myself through eventing. Makes sense, though! Thank you!!

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should and is easily done with Event commands.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a quick Event which you can just copy and paste as often as needed:
eventoshelpos0151515.pngeventoshelpos0265251.png
Did not mean to sound like brainy smurf, just had a feeling that something like this is possible with standard rpg maker.

Edit: Bug Warning, if your Player starts moving left and right on the Electric wire, he would end up going backwards the wrong direction.
But those cases can also be handled if identified. By replacing the move backwards moveroute with
a bit more complex move logic.

Edit: The Event is only on Parallel when the Player is standing on it, if the Player does not, than the Event switches back to Player Touch.

Last edited:

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a quick Event which you can just copy and paste as often as needed:
View attachment 238208View attachment 238209
Did not mean to sound like brainy smurf, just had a feeling that something like this is possible with standard rpg maker.

Edit: Bug Warning, if your Player starts moving left and right on the Electric wire, he would end up going backwards the wrong direction.
But those cases can also be handled if identified. By replacing the move backwards moveroute with
a bit more complex move logic.

Edit: The Event is only on Parallel when the Player is standing on it, if the Player does not, than the Event switches back to Player Touch.

Oh! Oh! Yes! This worked! Thank you very much for this. Now I can give my plugin creator the day off :p

Reactions: Bex

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuthiemzeitriver1