Player transparency in a introduction.

ApoloWN

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello, i was trying to make an introduction cutscene for RPG Maker 2003, and ive seen that player transparence can work if you dont want the character to ve visible in the cutscene, but when i put the transparence on it doesnt dissapear, it just becomes slightly less visible, but it is still there. Exapmle below.1617915427749.png

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i was trying to make an introduction cutscene for RPG Maker 2003, and ive seen that player transparence can work if you dont want the character to ve visible in the cutscene, but when i put the transparence on it doesnt dissapear, it just becomes slightly less visible, but it is still there. Exapmle below.View attachment 185474
"Transparency" on event page is just a "ghost mode" as you noticed. If you want to make it invisible you need to change the graphic of actor to blank OR "set move route" for player and there is "change opacity" option (not sure if it's implemented in 2000 or newer RM only). Or you can set hero on blank on the start (if it's intro) and then set the graphic to the right character before the game.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Isn't there a way to set the actor graphic to a blank file and then set the actor graphic an actual character set after the cutscene? I have no experience with 2003 so I'm just throwing something to see if it would stick.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
If it is only because of the introduction I advise you to start the game without any member in the "Party".
Direct in the database.

Good lucky.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but when i put the transparence on it doesnt dissapear, it just becomes slightly less visible
I just tested this and the player graphic disappeared.
How did you use the transparent effect?
I put in the command show/hide player.

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I guess the mixup here was between "Show/Hide player" and "Set Move Route" => "Increase Transparency" (the latter works in multiple steps and doesn't go all the way to "not visible at all").

As Dev_With_Coffee said, the best way to handle this in an intro is to set the initial party to empty and add an actor only after the intro. In subsequent cutscenes you can also use the "Show/Hide player" option to just temporarily hide the player regardless of the current party.

ApoloWN

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks a lot for the answers!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this
I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariOwl