Tonko

Club penguin pro player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there. I am still a noob at this software, so please bear with me if I am making a very dumb question.

I recently started a project; the first thing I did was to make the first map and put the neccesary scripts and events. Then I tried it, and had a surprise; The player was not moving. I thought it would be the collisions on the tileset, so I checked, but everything seemed alright. Just in case, I changed some of them.

I have also tried moving the player to a different tile, but didn´t seem to work either.

Also tried removing the only script the project had, with no luck.

Is there anything else I could try?

Here´s the zipped project, in case you want to take a look: https://mega.nz/#!JT4RRDAK!TcebQOqLEp65I-wsqYRkvhfRltkUN0_V4HmgptL-jSA

Thank you

-Tonko

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you created any events? If you have an auto event triggered you will not be able to move.

Here's a little test you can do. If your character can turn, but not walk, it's collision. If it can't move at all, it's most likely an auto event.

Tonko

Club penguin pro player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you created any events? If you have an auto event triggered you will not be able to move.

Here's a little test you can do. If your character can turn, but not walk, it's collision. If it can't move at all, it's most likely an auto event.
Well, yes, I do have one. Let me try disabling it

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also, have you checked that the tile in the top left corner of tilesheet B is blank and set to star? That tile must always be star, otherwise all passabilities are messed up.

EDIT
Most people are reluctant to download projects to sort out a small problem.
And please don't double post i.e. post directly under yourself if there is a time gap of less than 72 hours. If you want to add something, simply edit your earlier post.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You need to use a switch to turn auto events on and off to avoid this problem.

Tonko

Club penguin pro player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Thank you, you were right! The auto triggered event was causing the glitch.
Again, thank you a lot!

This thread can be closed now :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still early in development but feel like I'm hitting a wall. Either I can't find plugins to do what I need, or they're paywalled :/
Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luok