Playing an animation overlay on an actor in battle.

war40k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still fairly new. I know on hit effect it plays the chosen animation, but what I'd like is something sort of like a bleeding effect, if a character is affected by "x" state, it will play the animation over the actor or enemy periodically. I imagine its not something that requires a plugin for just not sure how it's done. Thanks

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in states theres SV Overlay which is all the default engine can do.
which is fine for several states but any actual "animations" do require plugins.
yanfly's buff/state plugin with visual state effects plugin extension can do state animation overlays.

war40k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah I see i'm having an issue, and I'm not just losing my mind. Apparently a plugin is causing SV animations not to play. It's Moghunters LMBS and I can't find his discord info to ask there. It seems they aren't working in his provided demo either.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlsgp0712