cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(I'm not sure if this is the right topic, sorry if I'm mistaken)

Hello everyone,

I tried to make a campfire at night.

For ambient sound I have set a night BGS. But when I try to add a fire with another BGS, they do not seem to work together.

Is there a way to make both sounds play simultaneously ?

I thought of a trick, like setting one of the sound as a SE and playing it in a loop, but that doesn't sound (haha) a proper way of doing things.

Any advice on this ?

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unless you're planning on using more music, you could move the night ambience to the BGM and play the fire sound as a BGS.

If you are planning on having more music, I suggest you take a look at Audacity and merge the two together, and then make it the BGS.

Dark Paladin

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out this thread and I believe it will solve your issue.

HERE

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Gorlami : Nice idea ! For now my scene is more of a "proof of concept" for some mechanics rather than a final scene, so eventually setting a sound as BGM is definitely an option. Or merging two sounds together. I'll keep that in mind.

@Dark Paladin : Interesting script. It doesn't seem to be able to play more than one BGS at a time (or maybe it requires some tweaking) but it will add more realism to the Fire sound fx.

Thank you both.

Unless someone else got a super nice idea, I guess this can be locked.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could have the fire event set to a parallel process, and make it play the sound as a sound effect. Calculate how long it takes for the sound to end, and add that many frames in the wait command. So if it stops after about 5 seconds, add 300 frames to wait. A quick and dirty solution.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As long as it works, I'll take any solution.

When I am finally at the production stage, I know what my possibilities are.

Thank you also Celianna.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!
''Finds icons that fits the game you're making'' Only covers 20% of what you need :p
I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnelson83