Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys i got this program 1-2 days and so far i am loving it :) . When i first got it i created a test to start learning about how to program works and see what problems i might encounter and how to fix it. but today i decided I am gonna scrap the test one and start the official first game so i started up the world and started editing the data base files for my custom classes custom characters and such then i wanted to test and see if i had done everything right so i whipped together a just grass starter map just to mess with it. Then there is horrible lag like its takes 30 seconds to get to the start screen then got it and its like getting 1 frame a second so i checked task manager no unusual stuff going then looking around the internet for a bit no one seems to have this problem other than some people who are lagging in the Maker it self mine is just in the play test. so any help would be appriciated.

System info:

AMD E-300 1.3 GHZ apu with radeon

4 gbs of ram

Windows 8 64-bit

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lag in RM is usually caused by too many events (several hundreds) OR a few badly designed events on parallel process/autorun.

Please check what events you have on the map, or what common events are set to parallel process, and provide screenshots of them.

Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lag in RM is usually caused by too many events (several hundreds) OR a few badly designed events on parallel process/autorun.

Please check what events you have on the map, or what common events are set to parallel process, and provide screenshots of them.
I have One event and thats the main character

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keegan988, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Even a single badly designed event can slow the game - that's why I asked for screenshots of them, please provide them.

Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
  Here is a screen of the map sorry about the double post im new to this particular forum still getting the hang of the buttons and such could the database file editing do it all i really did was replace some names delete some classes and changed a characters looks and now for some reason RM is lagging

Screenofrpgmaker.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a screen of the map sorry about the double post im new to this particular forum still getting the hang of the buttons and such could the database file editing do it all i really did was replace some names delete some classes and changed on characters looks
No problem, we always help new people ;-)
However, that was not what I asked - do you have anything in the common event tab in the database?

If not, then the lag is not caused by RPGM (unless you modified or installed scripts) - it might be a problem with a background program you're running in windows.

Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem, we always help new people ;-)

However, that was not what I asked - do you have anything in the common event tab in the database?

If not, then the lag is not caused by RPGM (unless you modified or installed scripts) - it might be a problem with a background program you're running in windows.
No there is not a single thing in the common event tab okay i will browse around and see what i can do thanks for the help

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you added any custom scripts? If you create a NEW project and just set your starting location but do nothing else, does the same thing happen?

What folder is your project being saved into? My Documents? Program Files? Somewhere else?

Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I haven't put any scripts in at all and I did try the new project with nothing else still lagging and it's in documents

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then the problem isn't coming from RPG Maker - but something else running on your background.

I recommend an anti-virus/spyware check, clean up your computer, reboot, try again (but make sure nothing else is running).

Keegan988

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I've already done all this I powered it off for the night to let it rest a bit so I'm gonna heck it out right now

Update: I turned everything off except steam(which I need for RM) and RM

Update2: my computer sucks it doesn't meet the minimum requirements sorry for wasting your time

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjui7