Tohru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.
I'm trying to run my game but it stops on the loading screen.
I definitely think it's because I've tried to change the game font. I watched a tutorial on how to do it and did everything they said but it doesn't work.
I have the trial version downloaded from their site and a thing I noticed is that the gamefont.css file in my folder had no .css in the name, nor did the font have the .ttf. Could this affect my problem in any way?
I tried adding it to the file's name but it still doesn't work.

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably or your font name on script it's wrong, or the format isn't compatible, and the rpg maker are trying to open an unable file (like an zip, for sample). Happens to me when i save an "psd" with a same name of a "png" file on rpg maker.

Try with another font and see if the freeze continue...

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's impossible that there would be missing formats. You probably just have the format display turned off in your file explorer (which is the default setting for Windows ever since Windows ME).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we can't tell you what you did wrong if you don't tell us what you did.
so please tell us how your changed the font (including a copy of the changed code if you did it that way) and what the font name and the font filename are (that's two different answers, not one)

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I watched a tutorial on how to do it and did everything they said but it doesn't work.
which doesn't necessarily mean it was the correct way to do it.

if it doesn't display any messages, then it's probably not loading altogether, which means the core code is not running, which could be any number of problems.
if it displays a message.... what does it say?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd suspect the error is that it cannot load GameFont, because rpg maker has a function that checks and waits explicitly for GameFont to be loaded. But yes, as @gstv87 has said, without the exact steps it is difficult to know where you made the mistake.

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
gamefont.css file in my folder had no .css in the name, nor did the font have the .ttf. Could this affect my problem in any way?
I tried adding it to the file's name but it still doesn't work.

That means the extension is probably hidden.

Just throw your something.ttf on the font folder and edit line 3 on gamefont.css (open with text editor, like notepad) to your font's name.

Last edited:

Tohru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we can't tell you what you did wrong if you don't tell us what you did.
so please tell us how your changed the font (including a copy of the changed code if you did it that way) and what the font name and the font filename are (that's two different answers, not one)
So, I went into the windows' fonts folder and copied Comic Sans then pasted it into the game's fonts folder. It was installed already. Then I opened the gamefont note and replaced the default font name between the speeck marks with comic (the font's filename). And then I saved it from the file option in the notepad. And then the freezing happened.

which doesn't necessarily mean it was the correct way to do it.

if it doesn't display any messages, then it's probably not loading altogether, which means the core code is not running, which could be any number of problems.
if it displays a message.... what does it say?
No kind of error message is displayed :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I went into the windows' fonts folder and copied Comic Sans then pasted it into the game's fonts folder. It was installed already. Then I opened the gamefont note and replaced the default font name between the speeck marks with comic (the font's filename). And then I saved it from the file option in the notepad. And then the freezing happened.

Did you by any chance forget to add the file extension to that? It needs to be comic.ttf, not just comic.

Tohru

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's impossible that there would be missing formats. You probably just have the format display turned off in your file explorer (which is the default setting for Windows ever since Windows ME).
If I were to turn it on, where would I need to search for the option. Weird thing is, other type of files are being displayed.

Did you by any chance forget to add the file extension to that? It needs to be comic.ttf, not just comic.
Nope, still doesn't work, just tried it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Tohru, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something after you posted, please use the 'Edit' button to do so. If you wnat to quote more than ne post, please use the Multiquote button/+Quote all the posts you want to reply to.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowsoul