Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I was playtesting some battles in RPG Maker MV, when suddenly the playtest started loading slower and slower.
I arrived at a point where i can see the white screen for 5-10 seconds before it becomes black, for then the Loading text to appear for 2 minutes, and finally for the battle to start at 10-15 FPS.
I tried restarting the PC, but it just temporary solves the issue: with each playtest the loading becomes longer. I tried playtesting in a fresh new project and the same thing happens. I didn't add new plugins before the loading issue started.
I'm working on a MacBook Air.
What can i do to fix this?

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
is it a ram issue?

Did you try restarting your device?

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What year is your MacBook Air? I am using Mac as well I might be able to help.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there. I have done some research and found that you are meeting the minimum requirements for the ram but barely meeting the graphics demands. Your intel i5 processor if that's the one you have it only supports openGL 4.0 and below. The minimum requirements for rpg maker mv is "OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU." is what it says on the official site.

All that being said, this doesn't mean you can't develop on that computer, mv appears to work just has some issues with playtest?

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there. I have done some research and found that you are meeting the minimum requirements for the ram but barely meeting the graphics demands. Your intel i5 processor if that's the one you have it only supports openGL 4.0 and below. The minimum requirements for rpg maker mv is "OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU." is what it says on the official site.

All that being said, this doesn't mean you can't develop on that computer, mv appears to work just has some issues with playtest?
That's the problem, i've worked with MV for 4 years now, and i didn't have problem with it until recently.
Yes, both playtest for battles and for game have this problem.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was there any type of update?
New Project?

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was there any type of update?
New Project?
No, that's the even weirder thing. I was testing a battle, and then after changing some things and then restarting the test, suddenly it became incredibly slow.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
after changing some things
Did any of those things happen to involve plugins? Enabling one, or changing parameters? Even disabling one, though I wouldn't expect that to be the cause...

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did any of those things happen to involve plugins? Enabling one, or changing parameters? Even disabling one, though I wouldn't expect that to be the cause...
I changed the effect of a State.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say you changed the effect of a state, is that just using the basic stuff in the editor, or something in note tags?

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say you changed the effect of a state, is that just using the basic stuff in the editor, or something in note tags?
I changed the State's Note tags, but when i noticed the playest running very slowly i erased the note tag. The problem was still there.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think what I would recommend is to try disabling all your plugins and see if it's still slow. If it's not, enable them one by one until it the slow loading returns.

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think what I would recommend is to try disabling all your plugins and see if it's still slow. If it's not, enable them one by one until it the slow loading returns.
I would've done that, but every single project i have has the same issue now. Even new ones that i made to test it the problem persisted.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be overkill, but with a symptom like that, I would just reformat the computer. Reinstall everything from scratch, but backup your stuff of course.

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be overkill, but with a symptom like that, I would just reformat the computer. Reinstall everything from scratch, but backup your stuff of course.
I'm afraid this could actually be the only thing left for me to do. I already tried reinstalling RPG Maker MV with no success.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before that, assuming you're on Windows, maybe try disk defragmenter?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't personally know if Mac has steam so pardon me if I'm asking a pointless question but do you use rpg maker through steam? I began having playtest issues as well suddenly and could not figure it out. I bought RPGMaker straight from Kadokawa and it works just fine now...I honeslty don't know enough about steam to say what the actual problem could have been but in glad I thought to even try that.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mac does have Steam. Sorry, I missed that he was on a Mac. In theory, defragmentation on a Mac is down automatically in the background as needed, so I guess it's unlikely to be the issue then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthNinjus