Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mac does have Steam. Sorry, I missed that he was on a Mac. In theory, defragmentation on a Mac is down automatically in the background as needed, so I guess it's unlikely to be the issue then.
Yes, i'm on Mac. You think Steam isn't the issue then?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Solar flare was referring to his own comment about maybe needing a defrag if on windows.

Honestly I can't say for sure if steam is your issue or not. I wasn't using steam for anything except RPGMaker so I was able to just leave it behind completely and go with the stand alone version without losing anything. It's definitely something to consider if you don't find any other solution, as it did solve my issue.

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Solar flare was referring to his own comment about maybe needing a defrag if on windows.

Honestly I can't say for sure if steam is your issue or not. I wasn't using steam for anything except RPGMaker so I was able to just leave it behind completely and go with the stand alone version without losing anything. It's definitely something to consider if you don't find any other solution, as it did solve my issue.
I see. Would i have to buy RPG Maker a second time if i wanted to do this?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Would i have to buy RPG Maker a second time if i wanted to do this?
Unfortunately, yes...ironically I believe when you purchase straight from the site, you also get a steam code...wish I knew that before going with steam...and considering my own issue with steam, I'm apprehensive to gift the code...don't know if I even still have it. But yeah, I got it on sale, maybe once MZ droos it will be on sale again.

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately, yes...ironically I believe when you purchase straight from the site, you also get a steam code...wish I knew that before going with steam...and considering my own issue with steam, I'm apprehensive to gift the code...don't know if I even still have it. But yeah, I got it on sale, maybe once MZ droos it will be on sale again.
I Checked the site, and apparently the stand alone version of MV is exclusive to Windows. Well ****, formatting seems the only option for now. Do i risk corruption of my projects if i save them on Google Drive?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't see why you would, copying a file is copying a file. And nothing within an RPG Maker project cares about its directory structure, so it doesn't matter if you keep the same folder hierarchy when you reinstall and download the project back.

Randor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, i formatted my Mac and it actually worked!
I'm not sure of what happened to the computer earlier, but i'm glad is fixed. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare