Playtime freeze/reset? (FEATURE COMPLETE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was wondering if anyone here knows of any way to do plugin code to freeze/reset the playtime clock? Preferably this could be done with game switches to accommodate menus, cutscenes, custom title, game over or anything else that affects the actual playtime. More specifically, this refers to however long the save file is active (read: a playtime of 0:00:43 on a fresh preliminary save at the start of a new game instead of the expected 0:00:00).

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I made a thing that might help you.
If the switch you choose in the parameters in ON, the playtime will be paused.
When you turn it OFF, the time will resume its counting.

Eli_PlayTime.js(it's a dropbox link)

But I think there might be a less "aggressive" way to do that, but I'm out of time right now.
This plugin overwrites a part of the native code in rpg core.
So I suggest you put him below everything else in your plugin parameter.
In case you experience any incompatibility issue, let me know, that I will try to make this another way(i think it's not hard to do, only will cost me more time. But right now, I don't have much xD).

[[EDIT]] I think that can cause issues with Wait frames...

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No issues here, and even if you had 'em I don't have duplication. But either way, that did the trick. I may also end up copying this to plugin releases for you, once I determine a time for doing so.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TastyBeer