Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Only a few minutes into your demo, but I noticed some things that may not have been intended:

(1) If you walk into an object (e.g., wall, tree), the screen continues to pan in the direction you're trying to walk. For example, if you keep walking left into a tree the camera will keep moving left and the player won't even be on screen anymore.
(2) Combat with the slimes on the map doesn't start unless the player presses the action button. I assume you want the battle to begin as soon as the player comes into contact with the slime. Not 100% sure about Ace, but with MV, you would set the trigger to "Event Touch" instead of "Action Button."

Other than those, I appreciate the effort you're putting into the game trying to customize things. As a matter of personal taste and advice: I would avoid back-to-back tutorials right in the beginning of the game. As it is, after the cutscene/storytelling in the beginning, the game goes straight into a fishing mini-game tutorial, a battle tutorial, an explanation about daily buffs (with the crystal), and finally an explanation about crafting at campfires. I think all of this occurs without even letting the player move. My suggestion would be to at least let the player control movement a little bit before and between these tutorials. I think that would help a little with player engagement.

Also, I would not start the game immediately with a fishing tutorial unless fishing is the main point of the whole game (which I assume it isn't).

Looking at your earlier posts, it seems you might not have a lot of time to work on the game. I hope your situation improves and you get to work on this game as much as you like.

Be well.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closed

Last edited:

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I see. Sounds interesting. Those exploration features should be explained as quickly and as organically as possible, since the player will probably walk into a wall as soon as they're handed the controls. For the non-hostile monsters, someone can just tell the protagonist, "These slimes leave you alone unless you bother them first. Makes them easy to hunt, if you ever need slime parts. Which you probably don't, so never mind."

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closed

Last edited:

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closed

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akahi