Please Dark Fantasy MV ressource pack has a sample Map formatted in MZ

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I bought the Dark Fantasy ressource pack on Steam, it's the MV one and it's providing me with a sample map formatted to MZ, how can this be fixed please? This is wrong, I have access to all BGM and battlebacks from MZ. Can a supervisor fix this for me

Last edited:

Jerrytheroast322

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may be wrong but can't you just drag the maps into your MV folder? Granted you'll need to copy all tilesets and everything else there but it should be the same. When I moved my game to MZ I just copy and pasted the maps, and numbered them accordingly. Shouldn't the same be true from mv to mz?

Also are the tiles any good? I thought about buying but there's little to no pictures about what tiles are included

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I may be wrong but can't you just drag the maps into your MV folder? Granted you'll need to copy all tilesets and everything else there but it should be the same. When I moved my game to MZ I just copy and pasted the maps, and numbered them accordingly. Shouldn't the same be true from mv to mz?

Also are the tiles any good? I thought about buying but there's little to no pictures about what tiles are included
I'll try that. The tiles are good, it's inside and outside only. The inside tiles are very dark but seem very complicated because of alot of round shaped structures, hence my concern. The outside tiles are okay. You have very detailed buildings included but that is about it. No dungeon tiles.

Edit: I can't do what you said. I don't have MZ.

Jerrytheroast322

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I was mistaken. I didn't read you right. Sample maps don't exist as single files. The only thing you could do is if you had MZ, load up the map, save the project, then drag and drop that map into MV. I'm sorry m8

SilverR

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you can move a GAME.RPGPROJECT (of other MV/MZ document project) to this symple game. Then you can open it. I use this way to copy the event from MV to MZ.
Maybe the "test game"may have some problem becouse of the json?But I think look and copy map json is enough.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem here is that MZ has more layers than MV and a different map handling, the data can't go backward.

This needs to be adressed by Degica @Touchfuzzy

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ and MV have the same number of layers. MZ just lets you control what layer you want to draw on (so you can put autotiles on higher layers).

You should still be able to use this map in MV by creating a map in MV, saving and closing, then dragging the map from the sample project into your MV project, making sure it has the same name. If the map has events, there might be some issues, as MZ has addition event commands and some event commands have changed. And of course you'll need to copy over the tileset images and set up your Tilesets tab to contain the new tileset.

Things should still stay as they were drawn in MZ, unless you start putting new tiles on the map - in that case things might start breaking.

Or maybe we're all just misunderstanding - are you reporting this as an issue and saying the pack you purchased has resources that it should not have? If it's advertised as being compatible for MV and MZ, I don't see an issue with that. Unless the sample "map" is actually a sample "project" and contains all the MZ resources?

I think you need to clarify what the issue is.

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
MZ and MV have the same number of layers. MZ just lets you control what layer you want to draw on (so you can put autotiles on higher layers).

You should still be able to use this map in MV by creating a map in MV, saving and closing, then dragging the map from the sample project into your MV project, making sure it has the same name. If the map has events, there might be some issues, as MZ has addition event commands and some event commands have changed. And of course you'll need to copy over the tileset images and set up your Tilesets tab to contain the new tileset.

Things should still stay as they were drawn in MZ, unless you start putting new tiles on the map - in that case things might start breaking.

Or maybe we're all just misunderstanding - are you reporting this as an issue and saying the pack you purchased has resources that it should not have? If it's advertised as being compatible for MV and MZ, I don't see an issue with that. Unless the sample "map" is actually a sample "project" and contains all the MZ resources?

I think you need to clarify what the issue is.
I don't have a license for MZ, with the sample map, I now have access to most ressources that are from MZ, music, battleback, parallaxes, etc. When you say map, are you talking about the .json? I cannot move maps if I cannot open the game

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This pack was released after the release of MZ and was likely optimized for MZ. It's also offered for MV since it's compatible, but I imagine not all packs that have been released with MZ in mind will include sample projects/maps for MV as well.

Have you tried adding a Game.rpgproject file to the sample project to see if it will open?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't NEED to open the thing in MZ. I didn't say anything about that anywhere in my post.

Create a project in MV. Create a map. Save and exit. Drag the Tilesets.json and the sample map .json from the pack into your project, giving it the same name as the map you created - replacing the map you created. Copy over the tilesets. The end.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Currently working on a playlist of songs that have inspired my work on revamping Battle Castle, and making sure they flow decently from one to the next. I will be posting it whenever I upload my next demo.
This is the first song in the playlist.
Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenu