Please help a newbie with a timer!

burntclaw

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm creating a game for a school project and is a fairly simple one. I want the entire game to end in 2 minutes. I can't seem to get it to work. Whatever I do, 2 things happen:
1. The timer doesn't decrease.
2. The entire map becomes frozen
Can someone help me, as I'm on a tight schedule? Thanks in advance!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First you need to set the timer to 2 minutes via control timer. Then you need to start the timer via control timer again.

burntclaw

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
First you need to set the timer to 2 minutes via control timer. Then you need to start the timer via control timer again.
Would you kindly mind to look at the code I currently have for it? I believe I did what you have told me to, but for some reason the code I have now doesn't work– I attached it as a screenshot (btw, I set the timer to 10 seconds for testing purposes– I'll change it to 2 minutes later). I would appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
End event processing means that the event stops processing, that is correct, but not that it won't be triggered again.
And since it's a parallel process event, it will trigger everytime it stops processing. So it will reset the time every tick. You need to use an one-time event or set this event's activation condition to a switch and have that event turn that switch off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louxie