PLEASE HELP! I think YEP AutoPassiveStates Don't Like State-to-State Changes.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I think AutoPassiveStatesYEP is really not liking a state to state change. I get an error message whenever state to state change happens and when YEP Auto Passive States plugin is on. When it's off the state to state change works perfectly. However, I need YEP Auto Passive States on because I have two hidden states that my actors can acquire when certain conditions are met. I get this error regardless if my actors ever reach those states. I have tried a few tests like putting all the YEP Plugins in order, placing all other non-YEP Plugins in front and behind of YEP Plugins, and tried various methods of removing and adding states but nothing.

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? I provided some images of my plugin order, the states, the gameplay, and the error message if that helps. Thanks in advance again to whomever helps me. This community has been very patient and gracious with my questions, and helping me learn more. I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• Image 1.PNG
    Image 1.PNG
    876.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 2.PNG
    Image 2.PNG
    901.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 3 i.png
    Image 3 i.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Plugin Order.PNG
    Plugin Order.PNG
    315.4 KB · Views: 15
  • State1.PNG
    State1.PNG
    209.1 KB · Views: 14
  • State2.PNG
    State2.PNG
    210.8 KB · Views: 9

rainyday

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you give me some more information? When does the crash occur, when the webbed state goes to cocooned? Or something else? And how do you handle the transition between those two or whenever it crashes what is your game doing at that instant?

shockra

Bored Code Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It could be a few different things. It may be that some of the plugins are conflicting with each other, most likely Yanfly's Auto Passive States and Layered States, judging from the error. Another possibility is that you accidentally created a loop somewhere within the states. The error says, "Maximum call stack size exceeded," which suggests a loop somewhere in the code.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be a few different things. It may be that some of the plugins are conflicting with each other, most likely Yanfly's Auto Passive States and Layered States, judging from the error. Another possibility is that you accidentally created a loop somewhere within the states. The error says, "Maximum call stack size exceeded," which suggests a loop somewhere in the code.
I tried using Layered States and couldn't wrap my head around them so I used this method instead:

if (b.isStateAffected(14)){ b.removeState(14); b.addState(15); } 10 + a.mat * 4 - b.mdf * 2

This is the move and it's formula that inflicts the states.

Your loop theory could be the answer looking at this. If it is, how could I fix it?

Attachments

• 1589326919829.png
    1589326919829.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you give me some more information? When does the crash occur, when the webbed state goes to cocooned? Or something else? And how do you handle the transition between those two or whenever it crashes what is your game doing at that instant?
Crash occurs every time the webbed state becomes the cocooned state and it is handled by this formula and placed in the damage formula:

if (b.isStateAffected(14)){ b.removeState(14); b.addState(15); } 10 + a.mat * 4 - b.mdf * 2

Before the error occurs, the attack animation and then it adds the state and graphic for that state then crashes.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@ShaggyPlaysGames , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

From now on, please edit a post instead of posting a second one right after a post. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh those were replies to two different commenters.

rainyday

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShaggyPlaysGames I posted this in response to your states thread but I'll repost it here in case you didn't see it. If you put this in your web state, and have your cocoon state make you immune to your web state I believe it should work.

Code:
<Custom React Effect>
var skillIdsApply = [];
//Put the skill ID's of your web shot skills
skillIdsApply.push(1,5,6);
if(skillIdsApply.contains(this.item().id){
var text = '<CENTER>\\c[6]' + target.name() + '\\c[0] was cocooned by\\c[6] ' + user.name() + '\\c[0]!';
var wait = 90;
BattleManager.addText(text, wait);
//Change 139 to your cocooned state ID
target.addState(139);
target.removeState(stateId);
}
</Custom React Effect>

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShaggyPlaysGames I posted this in response to your states thread but I'll repost it here in case you didn't see it. If you put this in your web state, and have your cocoon state make you immune to your web state I believe it should work.

Code:
<Custom React Effect>
var skillIdsApply = [];
//Put the skill ID's of your web shot skills
skillIdsApply.push(1,5,6);
var text = '<CENTER>\\c[6]' + target.name() + '\\c[0] was cocooned by\\c[6] ' + user.name() + '\\c[0]!';
var wait = 90;
//Change 139 to your cocooned state ID
target.addState(139);
target.removeState(stateId);
}
</Custom React Effect>

I don't think it's working. The code below Custom React Effect shouldn't interfere, right? Anyway, here's what I got. Let me know if I missed something:

<Custom React Effect>
var skillIdsApply = [];
skillIdsApply.push(152, 153, 162, 163, 165);
var wait = 90;
target.addState(15);
target.removeState(14);
}
</Custom React Effect>

<ge: 1, IrisBoundStatus, 0>
<fe: 1, IrisWebbedExpressions, 0>
<sve: 1, IrisBoundBattle>
<ge: 2, TrishBoundStatus, 0>
<fe: 2, TrishWebbedExpressions, 0>
<sve: 2, TrishBoundBattle>

<Hop>

rainyday

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just double checking, you have Yanfly's Buff and States Core? And try taking out the line BattleManager.addText line and see if that works. I might've messed up the text code.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It is december, my dudes

badge_xmas.png
I love it when a plan comes together, and especially when Ruby decides to work with me when I decide to code. :kaopride:
Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomas8av