yuisister

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
well...my game is like this.

my character can only go out of the house if he/she give tea to 2 NPCs.....but when i give tea to 1 NPC... the character can go out. is this because of the conditional branch? pls help me...what can i do if  more NPCs in the maps in the same conditional?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to show us what you are doing before we can tell you what you've done wrong and how to fix it.

Without having any idea how you're doing any of this, I can only suggest one method I might use, which might be completely different to what you're doing and you'd need to redo a lot of your events. If this seems too much work, you need to post screenshots of your exit event and the two NPC events.

What I would do is this:

On each of the NPC events, when you give them tea, use Control Variables to increase a variable by 1. Then turn on a self switch and create a new event page so you can't give tea to the same NPC twice.

On your exit event, use a Conditional Branch to see if the variable = 2. If it doesn't, show a message, and if it does, let them exit the building. Or you could give it two event pages - the first page would have no conditions and would show the message; the second page would be conditioned by the variable being >= 2 and would have the transfer command.

yuisister

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
it would be like this...

my chara in a house and say hello to two NPCs.....then she go to kitchen and make some tea. (i dont want my chara go outside at that time so i use the conditional branch....after give tea  to those 2 NPCs she can get out) if i use variable = 2 at the entrance then at the beginning of the game she can go out because dont have any tea..... i just want her only to go out when completely give tea to NPCs and heard all their thank you line..if this not enough please tell me...i'll screenshot my event 

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You do not SET your variable to 2. On the NPC events, where you give them a cup of tea, you ADD 1 to the variable. So if you give them both a cup of tea, both of them add 1 to the variable and the variable is changed to 2.

On the exit event, you use a conditional branch to see if the variable is equal to 2.

If you can't figure it out with that info, then please post screenshots of your events and we'll be able to let you know what you need to change.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post a screenshot of your door and NPC events instead of uploading your entire game - it's much easier and faster this way.

yuisister

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
it's my screenshot...... i dont know how to upload picture...sr

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
www.imgur.com will let you upload an image file pretty easily and provide a link that you can paste here.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make a post or use full editor when editing a post.

Below your post should be "Attach Files" and "Select File", navigate to where you saved your screenshot and select it for upload.

yuisister

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
ok then here's my event

1.png

2.png

3.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately your screenshots are incomplete, because they don't show all pages of the three events. The shown pages will only be active when all conditions are fulfilled, and they also show that you didn't fully understand how conditions work.

Your conditional branches "if party has tea" are not neccessary, because the condition of the page already checks that - if you check the condition "item", then that page can only be active if the item is in inventory - so you don't have to test that again with a conditional branch on the page itself.

On your first event, you have three conditions - the variable condition in addition to the switch conditions. You should use only one method and keep the conditions to the leaving as few as possible.

Especially if you want to add more than two tea drinkings, you need to use the variable as a condition - but that only works if you control variable to count it up in your other events.

I suggest you search for a tutorial called "variables guide", you can find it on the forum (follow the link "starting point" in my signature if you don't know how to search directly, it's linked there).

That should show you how to use variables

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In addition to what Andar said I gather that you might be turning on certain switches too early. All of your activation of switches is done at the top of your event page, it might be better if you activate new switches at the bottom of your pages instead so everything on the page runs before new things start. It's also a good idea to turn off  switches as you don't need them any more so the page wont continue to loop over and over again, this should be done right before you turn on  a new switch at the bottom of the page so everything has a chance to run, then that ensures it won't run again before continuing to the next part of the story.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymateds