Please help! Need state removal to work

DoritoDiet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, so I have a skill that enables a state. When the skill is used, the script floats the user into the air by 200%
And they also learn a unique set of skills that can only be used when they're affected by the state.

My problem is that the state is only supposed to last 2 turns, and after that, they're supposed to forget the unique skill set they previously had access to, and they're supposed to float back down to 0%

So far I've figured out how to disable the skill set, but I can't seem to get them down from the air after the state is removed

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As you have not told us how you got them up in the air, it's not possible to say how to get them down again. Event commands in the Troops tab of the database? Plugin? Please give us more detail of what you did.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming this is in RPG Maker MV.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

DoritoDiet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I literally had no idea what I was doing when I was posting this. I thought everything just went to the community thread. Sorry about that.

To clarify, I used the float user command in the note tag of the skill.
So my skill is called "Airborne"
and it looks like this:

<setup action>

display action

</setup action>

<target animation>
float user: 200%, 45
action animation
motion chant: user
motion wait: user
wait for float
action effect: target

</finish action>

But Airborne's effect has an Add state attached to it, which I also named Airborne because it can only occcur if the character uses the skill.
It also has a common event attached to it.

The common event is a conditional branch where if x character is affected by the state "Airborne," then they learn a new skill that can only be used when in that state.

So far I have two characters that can use the Airborne skill, but after using it, the float user command never disappears.
The Airborne state only lasts for 2 turns, but after that, they still stay in the air.
I want them to float back down to their original battle positions after the Airborne status is over, meanwhile the special skills they learned during Airborne state isn't supposed to be there when it's over.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't worry about the blue text, it's a moderator auto-generated text.

We need more information. For instance, it seems like you're using a third party plugin. Please tell us what it is so we can help. We don't know how you set up your system, and we can't help with the limited information we have.

DoritoDiet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't worry about the blue text, it's a moderator auto-generated text.

We need more information. For instance, it seems like you're using a third party plugin. Please tell us what it is so we can help. We don't know how you set up your system, and we can't help with the limited information we have.
Well, I guess the only thing that I've noticed with with my system is the YEP Action sequences which I use in the note tags of my skills. Other than that, I'm not using anything other than the engine basics.

I created my own state called "Airborne." It lasts for 2 turns, and it raises:
Parameter Attack * 120%
Ex-parameter evasion rate + 75%
Ex-parameter Critical Rate + 20%

This state is only possible to enter through a skill I made called "Airborne,"
which adds the "Airborne" state when used.

While Airborne, the characters learn new skills right on the spot that are only available while in the "Airborne" state.
The Java code that I posted earlier is what I put into the note tag of the skill itself, but the "float user" command is still active after the 2 turns are over. So my characters are just floating there in battle, when they should be on the ground where the rest of the characters are.

But after 2 turns, the characters are supposed to forget the skills that they learned while Airborne, and return to their original position on the ground. Which is where they always are in the beginning of a battle.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not very knowledgeable with YEP plugins, but I can take a look at your state and skill configuration. Could you post a screenshot of both the state in question and the skills (in the database)?

DoritoDiet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not very knowledgeable with YEP plugins, but I can take a look at your state and skill configuration. Could you post a screenshot of both the state in question and the skills (in the database)?
I wish I could, but I currently don't have any internet, and the file is too large to send from my phone. I'm really sorry about that. This is a weird problem, but I really feel like I'm missing something simple but important enough to cause this problem.

To make this a bit easier, is there a way to remove a state from the "note" window in the skill list?

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, if you have Yanfly Buff State core, you can use this notetag in your Airborne state to remove the float effect when the state ends:
Code:
<Custom Leave Effect>
  target.spriteFloat(0, 12)
</Custom Leave Effect>

DoritoDiet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, if you have Yanfly Buff State core, you can use this notetag in your Airborne state to remove the float effect when the state ends:
Code:
<Custom Leave Effect>
  target.spriteFloat(0, 12)
</Custom Leave Effect>
This sounds like it could work, but I tried this just now and it's not working out for me. I made sure the plug-in was on but nothing happened :/

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now that we've established that it is being done using plugins we can get this to the right place.

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds like it could work, but I tried this just now and it's not working out for me. I made sure the plug-in was on but nothing happened :/
Hello again. That's strange because, like everything I post here, I tested this before posting it...
That's how I did it:

Capture d’écran 2020-01-28 à 08.54.40.png
Capture d’écran 2020-01-28 à 08.55.11.png

Here's a video showing it at work. I add the floating effect to my Analyse skill and the Custom Leave is in this ffff test state that wear off after 2 turns.

*Also, note that the <Custom Leave Effect> notetag works only when the state expire from auto-removal timing. If you remove the state by any other means (by spells or items), it won't work unless you add a <Custom Remove Effect> with the same code line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbsk