recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Greetings Everyone,

It seems as though this issue is becoming more predominate.  

ISSUE: 

Launch your freshly compiled APK, and it throws an error "please install crosswalk libraries first"  then closes.

I have two computers with very, very simliar specs.  One works compiles APK's with this error,  the other one doesn't.

Paths Return all good messages.

Current versions of Java, Python, Abd.  Installed all platform tools for every API, and installed for android 5.1.

Compiled APK again on computer B = Still failed.

I go back original computer, compiled new project = apk now fails all the sudden?

I can confirm that this happens when you...

Compile with XDK

Compile using knowledge base entry in RMMV / My Method ( which honestly is just a shortcutt'ed version of the KB)

Things we need to test

Does this happen on version 1.0 (  the only thing changed in original computer was update)

Does this happen with, and I **** you not everything in SDK checked in.

Does this happen with all other versions of xwalk template?

Could extra files in your apk cause this?

Things we know

-------------------------------------------------------------------

APK's are compiled as embedded durring both methods.  Upon investigating the APK,  the compiled xwalk template does show.

Manually applying -mode:embedded does nothing -mode:shared breaks ( obviously)

Four of the computers that failed are all 64 bit.

Actually installing Crosswalk Libraries (from the google play store) does nothing.

Manually Injecting and Signing xwalk into the APK does not work.

What we need

-------------------------------------------------------------------

People having the issue,  Please post your specs, a screen shot of everything in SDK manager,  A screenshot of your python folder, Java folder, and ant folder.

People that are NOT having the issue should do the same for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll take a look when I get home from work. I had the same issue and resolved it.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks... I'm too tired to continue troubleshooting soo I appreciate a fresh... err a fresher mind looking at it. Please inform me if you catch anything, I won't be able to respond to any queries about his project for a while.

Anyways, good night guys! And thanks

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
given the fact it's asking for the crosswalk libraries, my guess is they they compiled it using the command line instructions provided in the manual, but they built their APK in shared mode, so the application expects the Crosswalk runtime to be installed from the Play Store. This reduces APK size by about 20MB or so, as I recall from the help file, but without the crosswalk runtime installed from the play store, the games cannot run. Additionally, updates to the runtime are installed automatically, so a future update of crosswalk may completely break a game. I'd recommend having them rebuild their apk in embedded mode, so that the runtime is included with their app, and is a version that works as expected.

RestAssured

Villager
Reaction score
He's in Russia

And I'm in the states.
I'm in the states as well and getting this error too.

I'll take a look when I get home from work. I had the same issue and resolved it.
Do you remember what you did?

I'd recommend having them rebuild their apk in embedded mode
Automatically set to embedded mode for me.

Any ideas or any other information would help. Thank you. Rest assured.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking at crosswalks KB entry,  I thought it was because crosswalk wasn't embedded either.  Unfortauntly the issue still presists.  Its still odd though, this happens on his project and not mine.  Now that I finally got some sleep, I'm going to try another round of troubleshooting.  I'll let you guys know if I find anything new.

I'm in the states as well and getting this error too.

Do you remember what you did?

Automatically set to embedded mode for me.

Any ideas or any other information would help. Thank you. Rest assured.
Thank you,  this helps alot.

RestAssured

Villager
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help you Faytless but I can give you a run down on when this error occured:

Using Intel XDK to make the builds. Was working fine, the only alteration that I made to the build was adding stock backgroud music. I'm going to try trouble shooting as well because I find it so hard to believe that a simple one addition could cause this.

Does there happen to be a limit with XDK's upload/zipping process? I guess another difference between the builds was I didn't delete the unnecessary files that come with every build so the total file size was approximately 350 mb.

Rest assured there will be a solution.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One of the things about my subscribers project I've noticed is that he's using a crazy amount of resources.  However,  I had him create a blank project with limited resources and issue still happened.  I'm still troubleshooting.  Ill let you know if I find something.

Nekonron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have this issue too, but it only happened on 1 of 4 devices I tried.

The strange thing is, the game also only runs on one of 4 devices (this is not the same device with the crosswalk libraries error). I initially thought the missing crosswalk libraries were why it didn't run on the other 2 devices but after installing it I'm still getting the same problem - game closes right after loading the main title screen.

Edit: I used the command line instructions from the help file to compile this.

RestAssured

Villager
Reaction score
So maybe I'm just crazy. But I'm not getting the error now.

All I did was delete the /audio/ and /img/ directory in the output folder.

Clearly I no longer have a working game but maybe this will help.  I'll keep trying stuff.

Edit: Alternating between building the the /audio/ and /img/ separately, allows for a successful build and upload. I'm convinced it's total size of the game... but with my limited knowledge, that is all I have to go on.

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize for the delay got held up on work yesterday. Making some coffee and going over it now. 

Edit: I appear to be receiving the same issue as @Faytless. I've been doing file by file comparisons of my project to the linked project. Our projects are the same file size approx when compiled, ~330mb. I attempted the embedded mode and that failed also. 

Here's a list of things I've attempted to get a solution, please note none of these have worked.

• Attempted embedded mode onto my tablet, using my project as a control. 
  • Attempted to compile with the plugins removed, as the included project has various scripts included
  • Edited the Manifest to only have 1 static image same as mine.
  • Used findstr to locate any instance of crosswalk, found it only mentioned inside the apk's
  • Using the latest stable Crosswalk release 15.44.384.12, attempted to install.

RestAssured

Villager
Reaction score
You stated you also had this issue if you attempted on a clean new game also correct?
That is correct  - I can't build a single thing. I tried building on two different computers too. One is Windows 7 and the other Windows 10.

It is quite upsetting since I bought this to only build android apps.

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am still actively looking into this topic, no updates so far though.. please standby

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can anyone exp. this issue please screenshot your SDK manager for me please?  Show me everything you have checked in

RestAssured

Villager
Reaction score
Can anyone exp. this issue please screenshot your SDK manager for me please?  Show me everything you have checked in
I will do this within the next few hours. Would you like the log as well?

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you guys also let me know the specs of your computer, AND if your CPU is 32 or 64 bit?

Logs would be great

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Interesting! you're getting this with XDK?  This changes the game a bit. 

I thought we were all doing it manually giving room for human error. 

I can confirm that the error message is telling the truth,  Crosswalk libraries are not being installed with our APKS regardless of what build options we set.

I'm going to try to manually inject the libraries myself..   this is gonna take me a bit -_-;  ( you have to resign every file you add to your apk)

Update:

Manually injecting and manually signing did not work.  IT IS infact installing crosswalk libraries.  screen.png

But why isn't it picking it up?  Trying a few other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'
Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lymeish