mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We've created a template to help properly add credit information and terms of use to resource topics here on the forum. I am asking that everyone please use this by posting it at the beginning of your topic. If you already have a resource topic, I strongly urge you to go back and add this to the beginning of your post. If we can get most resource topics using this, it will hopefully benefit all by making this information prominent and clear. Thanks.

Terms of Use & Credit Template

Credit: (your name here and, if edits, the name(s) of original creator, including Kadokawa if edits of RTP)

Non-Commercial: (ex. free)

Commercial: (ex. free, contact, fee, etc)

Repost: (ex. yes; no; link to your site or topic; etc)

Edits: (ex. allowed; not-allowed; allowed but must leave a link on your site; etc)

Repost of Edits: (yes; no; allowed; not-allowed; etc)

Maker Required: (If your work is edits of the RTP of any of the RM engines, state it here. If you only have select pieces which are RTP edits, you may make this statement where that piece is posted.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this is a pretty excellent idea. Many content creators who don't know any better about the setting their own terms now have something they can go by. This way, there won't be any confusion and most everybody will be happy :D .

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope it helps as a guide for creators as well as making it super clear for those using the resources. It will only work if most people use it though.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Done! Good idea. Mine were already in a similar format and only needed a little edit.

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Beautiful. Thank you very much.

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm planning on releasing some enhanced versions of RPG Maker XP's MIDI's that are in the OGG and AAC formats. With this, I have to credit the source, Kadokawa, my soundfont, and my synthesizer. Would I just list them all in Credit?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, if you are supposed to credit them per their terms of use, just listing them in the credits will be fine.

Odinunlimited

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to see an example of how the template actually used in the end credits of a game? Say for example, I used some of Thalzon's battlers in my game, what exactly would I have to write in the end credits of my game?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This template is not for use in games. This template is for those posting resources here on the forum for others to use. 

There are many topics here on the forums about how to properly credit, you can search for them. But most people would simply put "Graphics: Thalzon" and any others whose graphics you used. 

Dama_de_la_Luna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi!
I have a question: How do I post some resources I found online (CC0) but that aren't mine?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I have a question: How do I post some resources I found online (CC0) but that aren't mine?
you don't.

First, you need to follow the licence given by the artist, and that usually contains rules like "no repost" and credit requirements.
So in most cases it is better to give links to the original resource.

Second, this area is more for presenting your own work for others to use.
So if you want to spread awareness of other peoples work, it is better to do so by link lists - grandmadeb has done a lot of those here on this forum, you might want to search one of her lists to see how it is done.

And please really check that that other work is legal, links to illegal resources will be removed.

Dama_de_la_Luna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
So if you want to spread awareness of other peoples work, it is better to do so by link lists - grandmadeb has done a lot of those here on this forum, you might want to search one of her lists to see how it is done.

And please really check that that other work is legal, links to illegal resources will be removed.
Thank you, I'll look for the thread. Don't worry, it's legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)
Is everybody using their imagination?
5th Annual Driftwood Jam! $25 Steam gift card grand prize :D https://itch.io/jam/5adj
The character designer for my game is using my character for her class work lol :smile:
Why the frick frack snick snack is Pokemon Black & White so expensive now?! $99 on Amazon? $9999 ON EBAY!? WHAT?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger545