Please tell as to whether these different RPG Maker resources are compatible with each other

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The resources are FSM, Ancient Dungeons, Cursed Kingdom, Twilight Shrine Japanese Resources pack and Samurai Japan Castle.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on what kind of game you want to do.
mixing them in a single supposedly realistic map won't work in a lot of cases in my opinion.
on the other hand there are concepts like the game "Evoland" (search for it on Steam) that can mix even worse fitting styles together without problems.

There are concepts that can (and even need to) mix different art styles.

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Oh I won't put them all on the same map. I want them in the same game but each set on a different map. So I am wondering whether I can have them be put on the same game if I don't put them on the same map.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unless someone has all the packs you mention and can examine them side by side, it is difficult to give an informed opinion. I think that putting them on different maps can (sometimes, not always) work, but there is the problem of how you transition from an area mapped in e.g. Ancient Dungeons to an area mapped with Cursed Kingdom. Going straight from one to the other would possibly be quite jarring.

Sullien

Dev Candidate
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Most of the DLC can be used on any version of RPG Maker, albeit you will likely have to do some kind of formatting in order to achieve it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of the DLC can be used on any version of RPG Maker, albeit you will likely have to do some kind of formatting in order to achieve it.
The OP is not asking if they can be used. They are asking if the styles match.

Sullien

Dev Candidate
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The OP is not asking if they can be used. They are asking if the styles match.
Ah, my bad then, I took a look at the packs and they can all match given proper ambiance, and with some recoloring/editing you can even match them in a single map, a Fantasy setting would be ideal for this.

AkaneFukuyama

Akane the Real Life NPC
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From what I can tell, these all seemed like the DLC Tilesets with the Medieval-ish setting while the other has the Japanese Settings? I think it's possible that they can go together too, but.. I agree with with what @Jorgesias said.. I would make sure to match the color tone of each tilesets. It has to match the "feel" or "vibe" you want your game to give your players.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pliskin