Please tell me which of these graphical resources are compatible for RPG Maker MV

A_Higher_Plane

Spiritual person, self-improvement geek, Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so I have the following graphical resources:

Ancient Dungeons Base Pack:
City Exterior Tileset:
Curse Kingdom Dungeon Tiles:
DS+ Resource Pack:
FSM Town of Beginnings Tiles:
Futuristic Vehicles:
Modern Urban Tileset:
Samurai Japan Castle Tiles:
Twilight Shrine Japanese Resource Pack:
Textures: https://vectorpixelstar.itch.io/textures
Free Map Assets Pixel Art: https://free-game-assets.itch.io/free-level-map-assets-pixel-art
Various graphics by Final Boss Blues (the creators of the Time Fantasy packs)
Fantasy Dreamland: https://elv-games.itch.io/fantasy-dreamland-access-key

I want to see which of these sets are graphically-compatible with each other on this life by their drawing styles for my RPG Maker MV future games. Please tell them in groups where they're all compatible like:
Group 1: DS+ Resource Pack, FSM Town of Beginnings Tiles, City Exterior Tileset
So these are all the ones compatibles to each other
Group 2: Curse Kingdom Dungeon Tiles, Ancient Dungeons Base Pack (these are just examples and IDK if these are true or not)

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
for a start: the exterior should fit the rtp pretty well,
the twilight pack probably to

the fsm do have their own style ... but i seem to remember seeing a tutorial how to make it match towards the rtp (via editing both rtp and fsm tiles) somewhere out there

the ds+ has it's own style (i mean, you can see it from the preview picture - right?)

the futuristic one has a more drawn style ... they probably will only be realy compatible with other such sets from that autor ...

and for the rest ... no clue xD

but yeah, i would also appreciate it, if the publisher would actually tell us upfront which of their dlc's are compatible towards each other ...

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is the mentioned tutorial ;3

In the tutorial you can also find some parameters to check to see whether tiles match or not.
Of these I would say matching are:
Default MV/Z RTP
Japanese Castle
Twilight Shrine
Modern Urban
FSM - if edited
DS - not the tiles, only stuff like battlers and battlebacks
City Exterior

Ancient Dungeon will without extensive edits only go with Ancient Dungeon in my opinion, same for the futuristic set by Rinober, it only goes with his other sets.

DS tiles can go with some other pixelated tiles, but the chars are super unique.

Cursed Kingdom might be able to be edited to fit other styles, but that needs some skill, as is it is something of its own.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think some of it also depends on your judgment as well as how you're using it.

For example, @Avery has a keen artistic eye - to me, if you go from a map using an RTP tileset to one using FSM tiles their style matches just fine.

If you were combining them together in one map, I can see the coloration differences that she points out in her tutorial, but just using them as distinct tilesets I would consider them perfectly compatible.

Same with the Ancient Dungeons stuff (in my opinion). I use them in my game and I've never had a playtester walk into the area and go "Hey, this looks weird because of..." That might again be a matter of considering mixing the tiles together.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All the artists on here always share their art, and I wanted to partake in the sharing. I wanted to show off the album art for my game's soundtrack while also showing off this song. I wanted to take a break from all the pianos/strings/jazz. I experimented with some side-chaining techniques to modulate the dub-step like synth.
Crazy idea to help people be more productive. We all upload a photo of someone who is good at nagging, cajoling, guilting, etc. you into doing what you should be doing. Then, after you have posted X amount of times in a defined period, that photo pops up with the text of "Shouldn't you be working on your game?" Just for fun.:wink:
Avery wrote on MouseWorks's profile.
That is a really cute avatar concept that you have there! I like it :3
Well, here's a screenshot of just another game that might never be completed...

quicktrip_xp01.jpg
Fake FullScreen (Download):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riluohuangsha