Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On my journey to be musically adopted into the role as composer for an RPG, I've been slowly honing my skills. Skills that I'll be showing off here on this thread! To keep things tidy, I'll try to only update the top post [this one] with new tracks. I'll sensibly reply when needed - like for answering questions, but otherwise, if the thread dies, it dies! Just means I'll have to do better to merit the positive response of others. With the intro out of the way, here's my first music post:

"Dream of the Clouds", when the party has some growing to do, but the day is as warm as the sky, and through the growing pains their bonds and determination becomes stronger.

Last edited:

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll be honest, I started off not liking it, but suddenly it grew on me a good bit. Its a good song. Nice job!

EDIT: I think my only complaint, is that its like two different songs in one. The vocals, and "epic" tone sounds like field music, or title screen music. But the rest of the song is perfect for cutscenes. (But if there is voice acting in a cutscene, ive always felt that vocals kind of make things messy, with too many words being said at the same time/overlapped. most ppl wont feel this way, but i tend to feel this way. i only like one person speaking at a time lol)

But yeah, still good none the less. Far better than any of the garbage i make lol.

Last edited:

VCraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
I really liked it!
It reminded me about one Russian song that I heard years ago "Ballad of three sons". They both very different, I can't explain why your song reminded me about that one, maybe its "story telling" way of singing, I'm not sure how to explain it since I'm not even beginner-musician myself :smile:
At any case it's sounds rare and unique, your talent definitely can work to make some cool music for RPG games.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems like cutscene music. It's really good. ^^
Thank ye' kindly! ^ -^ Definitely would need to be a cutscene without spoken dialogue, but we agree!
I'll be honest, I started off not liking it, but suddenly it grew on me a good bit. Its a good song. Nice job!

EDIT: I think my only complaint, is that its like two different songs in one. The vocals, and "epic" tone sounds like field music, or title screen music. But the rest of the song is perfect for cutscenes. (But if there is voice acting in a cutscene, ive always felt that vocals kind of make things messy, with too many words being said at the same time/overlapped. most ppl wont feel this way, but i tend to feel this way. i only like one person speaking at a time lol)

But yeah, still good none the less. Far better than any of the garbage i make lol.
Valid commentary! Thank you muchly. It was my first go at such a track and lol it shows. Listening to VCraft's aforementioned track, I can certainly see how I can improve the vibe I was going for. That said, you're right that vocals can often muddle a scene with spoken dialogue if not done perfectly. (See: Cowboy Bebop for proper usage) Next time you happenstance across a song like this from me, I hope it impresses from start to finish! And thanks for the compliments - in the event that part wasn't clear!
I really liked it!
It reminded me about one Russian song that I heard years ago "Ballad of three sons". They both very different, I can't explain why your song reminded me about that one, maybe its "story telling" way of singing, I'm not sure how to explain it since I'm not even beginner-musician myself :smile:
At any case it's sounds rare and unique, your talent definitely can work to make some cool music for RPG games.
"Ballad of Three Sons" is so gosh darned gorgeous. The instrumentation alone makes mine sound sparse and uninspired. lol I know that wasn't what you meant at all, but I am my toughest critic and all that. But wow does the track give me ideas on how my next "warm emotional journey" track can really sound, well, like there's just more heart there! Looking forward to it! And of course, thank you for both the kind words and being reminded of such a fantastic track that I may or may have on repeat. Ha!

To lurkers: New track posted in the first post. It's potentially a thread killer as it's pretty chill and arguably not as "in your face" as the first, but as they say, you gotta learn if you want to be a composer people seek out!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackYonder