Plug-In and Tools List - Useful for PVGames Resources

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The purpose of this thread is to share links to some plug-ins and resources that can be of use/benefit to people utilizing my resources.

2.5D Guides:

Example PVGames Game, The Last Journey (IGMC 2018 entry):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohcpkuaxi4h0oe0/TheLastJourney_Open.zip?dl=0

RPGMaker MV Plugins for Movement or Spritesheets:

RPGMaker MV Plugins for Mapping:

Of course, you can freely browse through all MV plugins here on the forums.

Character Creation Tools:

Other:

This is far from a comprehensive list, so if you know of a plug-in that is useful, or if you know that one of the above-mentioned plug-ins doesn't work or a link isn't working or whatever else, please let me know so I can update the list.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Templates for the folks working with the Mastersheet (Town and Country Edition)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
HFIL yes! My topic is featured!

Well besides, that, it's nice to have everything together. Hoping we can get more tips. Wonder where @deilin has gone. She's really helped me out on that topic.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm still around, I think.

You know how RL can get...

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anybody know what the anchor point for these sprites is supposed to be if you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core? The sprites are slightly off from the shadows, and I would prefer not to sit there and mess with it for 30 minutes trying to get them in the right position if somebody else already knows.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anybody know what the anchor point for these sprites is supposed to be if you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core? The sprites are slightly off from the shadows, and I would prefer not to sit there and mess with it for 30 minutes trying to get them in the right position if somebody else already knows.

I would turn off Yanfly's shadows and used the PV shadows on the battlers if I was you.  The pv shadows are added straight to the character sv battler sheet and work much better.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would turn off Yanfly's shadows and used the PV shadows on the battlers if I was you.  The pv shadows are added straight to the character sv battler sheet and work much better.
Derp. I'm smart. Please excuse me. Lmao. Thanks for the reminder. 

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

Stemmer11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, I am kid of lost here.  Several of the scripts listed above are no longer being supported and a few other seem to have bugs in them, or do not run properly with Yanfly plugins.  I have purchased the Hi-Fantasy 1 and 2, he entire Medieval collection, have Humble Bundles 2015 stuff and I have a lot of potential with no clue as to how to get the characters to look human sized and not like a bunch of pixies running around.

Does anybody have a clue as to what are the best (just the working ones) that will allow me to use PV games character sheets on the main screen and battle screen?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mwahahahahahaha! I bring this here topic back from its grave!

Okay that was the worst evil laugh. Instead if you don't mind ditching the four-way movement (I know @padr81 was trying to figure it out not too long ago), I may have found the optimum plugins for the movement animations as provided by Moghunter and I know it works with this multiple frames plugin by Modern Algebra

I haven't tried Shaz's or Galv's variations but I have looked inside the code for the Moghunter plugin and it seems like 8-way movement may be planned but not fully implemented yet.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Time to get stuck in.  I probably won't have it implemented for my next demo but once thats out I'll kick on with using those instead of common event. I hate running common events.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

Do these two plugins work together? I have tried it, but it isn't working. Moghunter needs _idle _dash at the name endings of the spritesheet and MAs script needs %(x) at the end of the name...

How do you set it up right? I am slowly getting annoyed since it is the 3rd day now and I am still trying to get my party movement looking good with idle, walking and running movements and 8 frames. I have tried various plugins now and it still doesn't work. I can get idle walking and running but only with 3 frames, and I can get 8 frames but then my character is unable to switch between idle, walking and running.

This whole thing was so easy to set up in vx ace...

So, long story short: What is your easy "to go" option for PVs spritesheets? I you have one please let me know!

I will have to look into that Quasi Sprite. Looks complicated but I am getting so frustrated and the two Quasi plugins at least seem like an all-in-one solution.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, they work. I have it set up as $Dion%(9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8)_Dash.

$Dion is the name of the character the sprite is for. The dollar sign signifies that this sprite sheet is for one character.

%(9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8) is Modern Algebra's code that signifies the character's frames. I will recommend that the movement animations take an idle frame.

_Dash refers to Moghunter's plugin I suggested. I don't think he/she has updated that idle animations plugin as of yet.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks @BloodletterQ. I have found another solution. I cannot say if it is better or worse, but you can use diagonal movement with it (ALL Diagonal movements...and you can make a usable on map jumpsprite very easy with the resources provided from Jesse).

You need all three plugins from Galv: Diagonal Movements, Animations AND Character FRAMES (which is not in this list) There is even a demo which will help you to set all 3 up together: https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/12/12/mv-character-frames/

There is a minor problem: The spritesheet will be 4096x1024 big (might be an issue for some of you who want to keep their game small).

And a major problem: PVGames spritesheets do not come with a 8 frames idle pose! You will have to use GIMP (or another program) to make your own 8frame poses out of the 3frame sheet. When you know how to use GIMP and snap to grid and all that stuff you can get it done rather fast...but it does take time, especially when you are not comfortable with these programs. I think it is worth it, because your party members are usually not that many and this idle pose will make your game look much less static!

Oh, I should also mention that it does only work for party members, not for event npc's. I don't think that's an issue, but still worth mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, they work. I have it set up as $Dion%(9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8)_Dash.

$Dion is the name of the character the sprite is for. The dollar sign signifies that this sprite sheet is for one character.

%(9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8) is Modern Algebra's code that signifies the character's frames. I will recommend that the movement animations take an idle frame.

_Dash refers to Moghunter's plugin I suggested. I don't think he/she has updated that idle animations plugin as of yet.
I've tried getting this to work as well but it only works on the player character for me.  The followers will only dash if I have them in the party at the start of the game.  If I add them during the game it stops working.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone discovered a way to make events\npcs use multi-frames? Does something like Shaz' multi-frame plugin work for event graphics or just for party members?

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do these two plugins work together? I have tried it, but it isn't working. Moghunter needs _idle _dash at the name endings of the spritesheet and MAs script needs %(x) at the end of the name...

How do you set it up right? I am slowly getting annoyed since it is the 3rd day now and I am still trying to get my party movement looking good with idle, walking and running movements and 8 frames. I have tried various plugins now and it still doesn't work. I can get idle walking and running but only with 3 frames, and I can get 8 frames but then my character is unable to switch between idle, walking and running.

This whole thing was so easy to set up in vx ace...

So, long story short: What is your easy "to go" option for PVs spritesheets? I you have one please let me know!

I will have to look into that Quasi Sprite. Looks complicated but I am getting so frustrated and the two Quasi plugins at least seem like an all-in-one solution.
Have you tried QSprites? (oops didn't catch the last sentence but Quxious plugins are not complicated it just takes a little bit of time to set up it's very worth it)

IMO it's the best option to use with PVGames sprites. It supports as many frames as you want, custom poses, various idle poses, and diagonal sprites. It works for NPCs too unlike the other multi-frame plugins. You use the SpriteAnim app and export the SpriteAnim file into your data folder. From there it works perfectly and you can use commands to use custom poses made in the app. Also the MasterSheet works perfectly with it so you don't need to go into GIMP or whatever and make various sprite files. You can just use the mastersheet for all your needs.

Has anyone discovered a way to make events\npcs use multi-frames? Does something like Shaz' multi-frame plugin work for event graphics or just for party members?
QSprites works for NPCs.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HasdrubalBarca Do I have to use the master sheet with that plugin? I really don't want to use that thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonBlack