The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HasdrubalBarca Thanks! I'll take a look at it then. You wouldn't happen to know if it has any conflicts with Yanfly plugins, would you?

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@HasdrubalBarca Thanks! I'll take a look at it then. You wouldn't happen to know if it has any conflicts with Yanfly plugins, would you?

AFAIK no. However if you want to use diagonal movement you'll have to use Quasi Movement which might interfere with plugins that mess with regions. But the plugin by itself has given me no problem with Yanfly's plugins.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was contemplating using Quasi Movement simply for pixel movement and image collision. I hope it doesn't mess with the Yanfly stealth regions.

Edit: Quasi's character app is very tedious. So, I tested Galv's plugins out and found they do work for NPCs. You need enormous character sheets if you want to include diagonal and Idle poses, though - even larger for running.

Last edited by a moderator:

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mwahahahahahaha! I bring this here topic back from its grave!

Okay that was the worst evil laugh. Instead if you don't mind ditching the four-way movement (I know @padr81 was trying to figure it out not too long ago), I may have found the optimum plugins for the movement animations as provided by Moghunter and I know it works with this multiple frames plugin by Modern Algebra.

I haven't tried Shaz's or Galv's variations but I have looked inside the code for the Moghunter plugin and it seems like 8-way movement may be planned but not fully implemented yet.

Have you ever got this working with adding and removing playable characters, I still can only get it to work if characters are in the party from the start of the game.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you ever got this working with adding and removing playable characters, I still can only get it to work if characters are in the party from the start of the game.
Well I lost some data and I couldn't download the plugin I showed you. I had to go back to Galv's and fortunately you will be able to use both Galv's plugins with Shaz's without jumping through hurdles.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I lost some data and I couldn't download the plugin I showed you. I had to go back to Galv's and fortunately you will be able to use both Galv's plugins with Shaz's without jumping through hurdles.

Thanks I'll try those, renaming files is getting hard to keep up with lol.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
To those of you using doodads and are really impatient about ripping each and every single tile, might I suggest ShoeBox? And you'll need Adobe Air for it too. There are still some tiles you will need to individually edit for yourself. Namely those with scattered pieces like bones or pebbles.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To those of you using doodads and are really impatient about ripping each and every single tile, might I suggest ShoeBox? And you'll need Adobe Air for it too. There are still some tiles you will need to individually edit for yourself. Namely those with scattered pieces like bones or pebbles.
But it's still less time consuming to cut three small files apart than one huge file :)

dismyword

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i hope this is the right place to post this; I just looked in to the 'TileD' plugin and set up just like it said on the page; but when I open the A1_MedievalT&C in Tiled, I'm having a problem with animating the tiles; I'm sure their is a way to do it; I just don't know how. Could someone explain to me how to make the autotiles work in Tiled?

CanSim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was contemplating using Quasi Movement simply for pixel movement and image collision. I hope it doesn't mess with the Yanfly stealth regions.

Edit: Quasi's character app is very tedious. So, I tested Galv's plugins out and found they do work for NPCs. You need enormous character sheets if you want to include diagonal and Idle poses, though - even larger for running.

I've been trying out Galv's plugins and got them working together nicely for playable characters (multi-frame, 8-dir, multi-pose). Could you describe how you applied them to NPCs? I haven't been able to find any info on this.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CanSim It's basically the same as the playable character, only a bit more fiddly. Basically, you create the sheets the same way (else they simply wont work properly) then select the section of the spritesheet you want to use for the current animation. So, if you want the NPC to be idle you select the idle section of the sheet; same for running and walking. If you edit the move routes to account for change in sprite stance (idle, walk, run) then you should be able to get it to look fairly fluid. However, if you put the character on random, or don't use move routes to switch between the different stances, then it'll look strange - you'll have idle characters sliding around, and walking characters stuck in movement positions when they stop moving.

Make sure to have the event on the highest frequency (to avoid delay between each movement sequence) and don't use the wait command between shifting from one sprite stance to another. Also, the diagonal sprites are used automatically if you're using Galv's diagonal plug-in. So, just switch to whatever stance you want, and if they move diagonally (move lower-left, lower-right, etc) the diagonal sprite will be used without your input.

This sounds like a lot of busy work, but I found it far easier than trying to figure out the quasi scripts. Might give those scripts another try at some point, but for now I'm happy with this set-up.

Last edited:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, I would like to spend a little time sometime soon updating this list since it has been awhile and I am sure there are new plug-ins to be added to the list. Does anyone know of any that should be included on the list?

AnJu0105

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I would like to spend a little time sometime soon updating this list since it has been awhile and I am sure there are new plug-ins to be added to the list. Does anyone know of any that should be included on the list?

Most of the plugins made by Quxios work really well with your PV resources. They require a bit of work in order to learn how to use them properly, but once they're all set up, they work incredibly well.

I would recommend QMap for parallax mapping, it's both a plug-in and an external editor (you need both and they're really powerful) and QSprite for all spritesheet/movement related concerns. For those plug-ins you also need QPlus and QMovement I believe.

Here's the link to his main page:
https://quxios.github.io/#/plugins

And this is his ******* page in case someone feels like giving him some more support:
https://www.*******.com/quxios/posts

There's also a thread on the forum for his plug-ins! Hope this helps!

If anyone needs help with the QMap Editor or any of the plugins I can do my best to help or point you in the right direction :)

P.S: His previous "Quasi" plugins are no longer receiving any support or updates, I think there's still a couple of the links for them in the main post for this thread.

Danteus

Random Encounter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually just restarted working on my main project and I'm using QSprite with master sheets for all my characters. Once I get a few more bugs ironed out of my animation setups I could share the data file here so nobody else has to go thru the headache of setting up the exact same stuff.

HalestormXV

Deranged
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is an old thread and I know the Quasi author has stopped supporting hisplugins, but I am curious if these are still workable with 1.6.1 (Quasi or Galv). I want to try and develop a little something with these magnificent resources. Furthermore I want to be able to use Diag Movement and the Character Creator becasue why the hell not lol. But getting 8 Directional Movement seems ridiculously complicated for the way the Generator output the sprites using anything but the Mastersheet which is excellent btw. Perhaps now that a decent amount of time has passed someone can provide a proper instruction on how to get 8-Directional Movement working

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galv's plug-ins still work for sure, they are the ones I tend to use. If you download my game Unsung Heroes you should be able to pull some examples of how things were set up for that - it uses Galv's plug-ins for increased animation frames, diagonal movement, and poses (so running animation when holding shift and an idle pose when standing still).

blakebishop1989

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I actually just restarted working on my main project and I'm using QSprite with master sheets for all my characters. Once I get a few more bugs ironed out of my animation setups I could share the data file here so nobody else has to go thru the headache of setting up the exact same stuff.

Did you ever finish your animation setup, would love to see that data file.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reddragon8810