Pluggins

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I just got the RPG Maker MV trial version and wanted to understand it as best as I can so I can make the decision to buy it. As I understand it, RPG Maker VX Ace (the version I was using before) uses scripts, and RPG Maker MV uses pluggins. So I am a little curious, how do the pluggins work?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins are like scripts, but with more features. I don't know if you used VX Ace for long time, but you must know that most third party scripts started with a module, where you could customize the script by changing some constants at the top. Well with plugins you don't need to head into the code anymore to do that, since the Plugin Manager allows you modify parameters (equivalent to constants in modules in scripts) from the interface. Also you can see the other and the help file from there. Apart from that, it's basically the same thing as a script.

Script and plugin are just two ways to say "a portion of code".

Whiteemerald

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Plugins are like scripts, but with more features. I don't know if you used VX Ace for long time, but you must know that most third party scripts started with a module, where you could customize the script by changing some constants at the top. Well with plugins you don't need to head into the code anymore to do that, since the Plugin Manager allows you modify parameters (equivalent to constants in modules in scripts) from the interface. Also you can see the other and the help file from there. Apart from that, it's basically the same thing as a script.

Script and plugin are just two ways to say "a portion of code".
That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189