Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are there any plans for someone to create a stand alone program that can check against current and released versions of plugins and resource packs and notify you when updates are available to subscribed resources?

There is a similar thing set up for Kerbal Space Program where you download an application that can check as well as download mods and install them to the correct spot.

You could even filter by licenses so people can organize which plugins or art resources or sound or whatever they get based on if they can use it in personal or commercial products.

This sound like a useful idea?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be pretty hard to automatically check everybody's websites to look for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It would be pretty hard to automatically check everybody's websites to look for updates.
No it would not.

I actually started writing a plugin to check and update other peoples plugins from in game, but it didnt seem to gain any interest, and there is no point in writing a plugin no one wants...

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd use it.  The problem is what, having the content creators keep up the file versions and submitting to the database, right?

I mean, imagine how useful it would be to start a project, then open up this application and pick and choose from all available plugins and resources and import them all automatically into the correct locations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've plans for an alternative Plugin Manager.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The problem seems to be more that plugin creators WANT people to visit their website etc cause it increases the viewers on that site.

I could easily have a proper versioning implementation applied on mvplugins.com to use the systems uploaded on that, but so far I dont think there is enough interest in it for me to complete at the moment. :(

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I also wonder how you could force the correct plugin ordering to prevent conflicts and compatibility problems.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very easily. Each plugin - when registered with the system - would give a list of dependencies, their required order, versions etc. Then when a plugin is being installed, it checks if the dependencies are installed - in order-, and if not, installs / updates them and informs the users.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would be very nice. Just a external program which downloads (or at least notify you) when a new version of the plugins you are interested in are released would be nice. I prefer to install them myself to avoid awkward errors though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stalwitfen