Plugin commands in MV but where to find in VX ACE?

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking at simple plugin commands... but it would seem the Open box for this i can't locate it in VX ACE am i right in assuming, it's now somthing else ?

Where can i enter simple Plugin commands?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace does not have plugin commands. You need to use script calls instead, and the scripts you have added should explain how.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace does not have plugin commands

Thank makes ALOT OF SENCE.. trying to get a small light around player for dungeon in VX ACE.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can do that using script calls, a plugin command is basically a script call, nothing more, nothing less, it is just defined differently in a way that allows the user to clearly identify it as an interaction with a plugin instead of any random script call and to get rid of unnecessary syntax that would otherwise be required to do the same thing with a script call.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstarothPenguin