Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks,

So I'm writing a plugin for an In Game Time System (Custom), but when I set up my Plugin Commands and try to test them it is throwing me a type error for another plugin saying cannot read property of 'trim'.

With all the other plugins I have created with plugin commands, I've never run into this issue.

Any thoughts?

I've attached a screen shot of the error.

EDIT: So I've identified the issue to be with another plugin I am using. UPP_MiniMap if conflicting with all my plugins.

Has anyone else had compatibility issues with this plugin?

Attachments

• Trim Error.PNG
    Trim Error.PNG
    495.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
type error for another plugin saying cannot read property of 'trim'.
that is NOT what the error says.

the key to the error message is the "of undefined" that you completely missed.
if an object is undefined, it has no properties at all and of course any try to read a non-existant property will always fail.
but it means that the other plugin is missing an object of data, not that the specific property is unreadable.

and that can happen in several ways, like if one plugin changes a function that is used by both in a way that the other plugin no longer has access to it and a few more ways.

make a test project with only those two plugins and start a new game there and try to find the exact data/object where the two plugins crash, then you can start solving the problem.

NoShirtstann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is NOT what the error says.

the key to the error message is the "of undefined" that you completely missed.
if an object is undefined, it has no properties at all and of course any try to read a non-existant property will always fail.
but it means that the other plugin is missing an object of data, not that the specific property is unreadable.

and that can happen in several ways, like if one plugin changes a function that is used by both in a way that the other plugin no longer has access to it and a few more ways.

make a test project with only those two plugins and start a new game there and try to find the exact data/object where the two plugins crash, then you can start solving the problem.
Ah okay. I'm still somewhat new to this, so trying to solve problems like this is still a little beyond my scope.

Thanks for the info, I will run them together in a separate project to try and isolate the issue

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emythystvial