Yck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there,

I'm a newbie in the community. At the moment, I'm currently drawing custom sprites for my game. Due to a specific concept I have in mind, sprites are going to be rather important in my game, so I need to give them some detail and to make size differences between characters of different races visible in their very sprite.

So yeah, I realized the 48x48 pixels per tile ratio from MV was is not gonna cut it. I believe 64x64 pixels will be enough. Also, I'm already aware about the existence of plugins that change standard tile size... but I wonder if there is a plugin that changes pixel scale for character sprites and nothing else.

Let me give an example: Basically, I'd like to set a 64x64 ratio per tile when it comes to sprites but keep the default 48x48 for everything else. So a 64x64 character would be 1x1-tile sized and a 96x64 character would be one-and-a-half-tile tall; meanwhile, a 48x48 table and a 96x48 door would still occupy 1x1 and 2x1 tiles, respectively.

I'm making this request because such a plugin would allow me to use most assets (which follow the 48x48 scale) without having to edit/rescale them. If such a plugin does not exist, then I guess I'll either need to edit assets or write the plugin myself (is it even possible?).

Thanks for your attention.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sprites can be (almost) any size, as long as they follow the formatting. Your issue will be collision, and you would need a plugin to help with that. I don’t want to search on my phone, but they do exist for MV.

Reactions: Yck

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
here is a link to a tutorial I once wrote about sprite sizes:

the discussion after the tutorial also includes comments about smaller sizes and collision

Reactions: Yck

Yck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, guys. Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks a lot for the help!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shamokal99