Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone give me a link for a plugin that changes enemy troop position and is sure to work. I've been searching around, but I can't seem to find one.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do you want to change the enemy positions?

I think the problem is caused by a misconception on how those plugins work, because you usually don't need a plugin, the enemies are positioned by drag'n drop and the only thing what a plugin for that does is scaling if you increase the screen size.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Instead of position, how about formation?
Battle Formation
Requires putting command inside of troops name.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do you want to change the enemy positions?

I think the problem is caused by a misconception on how those plugins work, because you usually don't need a plugin, the enemies are positioned by drag'n drop and the only thing what a plugin for that does is scaling if you increase the screen size.

Now I think about it, once I increased the game resolution the position of the enemies became out of whack. How do I change the scale?
I want to move the enemies down so they are on par with my battlers. Now it looks like if they are somehow floating above them. I would show you a screen shot but the file size of my image exceeds the capabilities of this forum.

Instead of position, how about formation?
Battle Formation
Requires putting command inside of troops name.
I will try this as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to move the enemies down so they are on par with my battlers.
And why would you need a plugin for that? As I said the Enemies can be dragged around the battlesheet.
but the file size of my image exceeds the capabilities of this forum.
Then use an image program to reduce the filesize and increase the compression set for your image, then you can post it.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And why would you need a plugin for that? As I said the Enemies can be dragged around the battlesheet.
I know that and I already tried that. I know how to change enemies positions using the battlesheet. I have them as far down as they will go.
You see that the enemy is not on par with my battlers. I tried changing the resolution to the default resolution and they became on par. I don't want the default resolution.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you need a scaling plugins, there are several of those around.

the way this usually works is that you drag the enemies in the database screen to the relative position you want, and the battle plugin automatically scales that position relative to the screen resize. you'll never move the enemy by plugin yourself.

I know that such a scaling is part of yanfly's battleengine, and it should be standard on most others as well without even being called. What battlesystem plugins have you tried so far?

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently using yep's action sequence 2 to replace magic animations with attack animations during skills. These are the current plugins I have.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should already do what you want - so the better solution is to check why yanfly's plugins don't work correctly for you than to add another plugin to that mess.

And a mess it is, because I can already see one reason why yanfly's plugins do not work correctly:
wrong order.

The order in which plugins are installed can always affect their functionality, and that is especially true for yanfly's plugins. Yanfly's plugins have to be in exactly the order given on his website or they will cause problematic effects - you can mix in other people's plugins between them depending on where it is best for compatibility, but yanfly's have to be in exactly that order for them to work properly (yanfly even tells this as a suggestion on top of the list, and experience has told that as soon as you use more than a few of his plugins it's no longer a suggestion but a requirement).

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I turned off everything except the core plugins and screen resolution and its still doing it.

F*** it. I just moved the battlers up so they are on par with the enemy using the core engine. What the hell???Oh well. lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I turned off everything except the core plugins and screen resolution and its still doing it.
There are reasons why I didn't tell you to do this.
Yes, bughunting is tedious - extremely tedious and booring to be exact, because at one point it'll end up with you playing your own game a dozen times from the start in the bughunt.
But sooner or later you'll have to do it, because not all bugs can be bypassed.
And you'll have to correct the plugin order to solve other possible errors as well...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Mkingdom, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged all your double posts. Please use the 'Edit' button in the future. Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fantasy medieval western europe is fun and all but maybe I should set a story somewhere else for once...
Customizing window... is like a never ending job...
Is it okay to hug a tree? :/
every body. May I ask, why am I playing RPGMV with a blank screen and can't access the game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chipyou