Plugin for "Spaceship" Movement

GatoradePony

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't know if there is a specific name for "spaceship movement", but what I'm reffering to is when you press left or right the character turns, with 8 directions for the character "Ship" sprite. When you press forward you accelerate at a constant rate until you reach maximum velocity.

Star Control II has this movemt sceme, with Newtonianish physics with it's acceleration:
What I mean is, as in Star Control II, if you accelerate to a high velocity and release the accelerate (Up Arrow) key, you will still move forward, and you'll have to turn around and accelerate to slow down or stop.

I understand if that's a bit too much for Rpg Maker too handle. If it is, Starflight (Sega Genesis) has this movement sceme but simplified :
It doesn't have the aforementioned Newtonian-ish acceleration, but the basic concept is the same. This, at least, should be doable with a plug-in.

If you could use another Sprite when the character is accelerating that would be ideal (for adding exhaust)

Another neat feature would be to, as in the video of Starflight above, have planets suck you into their orbit when you near them, with the ship circling the object.

Oh yeah, and I need to be able to turn the movement off! Via script call or switch activation.
Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dat-Writer