Plugin Help

Brad473

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could someone please give me an oversimplified, step by step process for how to make plugins work? I know I'm not very technologically gifted, but I've watched tutorials and done everything I know to do and they just won't work no matter what I try.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) You have to obtain the .js file (aka, javascript file) (usually by clicking a download button on a webpage)
2) Place the .js file in your game folder. (the folder containing the files for the project you want the plugin to be used with, usually found initially in thisPC/documents/games, I moved mine to my desktop for easy access)
3) open your game folder, open the folder js, open the folder plugins, add your .js file. (your plugin)
3) open the RPG Maker editor software and look for the little puzzle piece on the top right of the window. Click it.
4) double click an empty space in the resulting window. Click the downward arrow on the dropbox in the widow that appears and double click the plugin you put in your plugin folder. Select turn on. Set the parameters if needed.

These are the basic first steps for a standalone windows version of RPG Maker MV. Anything further would require that you state the specific plugin(s) you're trying to use.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Step 1: Download the Plugin and place it in the js/plugins Folder for your project.
Step 2: Go to the Plugin Manager (the green puzzle pieces in the taskbar) and click an empty space.
Step 3: Use the dropdown menu to select the plugin.
Step 4: Make adjustments to the parameters as needed.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@shockra hey that's what I said! :p

You've been ninja'd! XD

Lantiz

Biterkid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, some plugins requires it's' .js file to be named on a specific way, defined by the author.
Another easy way to open the plugin management screen is by pressing F10 on the keyboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heracrim